33.

Song: Never be the same - Camila Cabello

........................................

Hailey

"Whoa" Shane awed sticking his face to the car's window, watching in awe Jared's house. Music was already pouring out of it and people that weren't inside gathered around in groups, laughing and celebrating Roosevelt's victory on the field.

"Shane, sit down." Matt ordered in a stern tone as he pulled over and glanced at the party not that convinced before looking at me. "Wasn't the victory party supposed to be in Bear's?"

"Mhm," I hummed. That was the original plan. We'd received a group message during the dinner announcing the change of plans and settling the celebration in Jared's instead. "Apparently his parents grounded him for some trouble about him distributing the house's phone number."

Matt frowned. "What?"

"Yeah, something about them getting calls every now and then asking for cooking services in his name..." I had to bite back a laugh. A small part of me felt the tiniest amount of guilt, but what the hell? This was Bear. He'd been in Vickie's back since I had memory so a little revenge wouldn't end him. "His mother thought it was a cover for- uh, other things." I covered in the last moment, but we heard Shane scoffing from the back seat.

"I'm fourteen, not a baby. I know what drugs are."

"Well, Bear doesn't do them." interjected Matt stunned. "I've known him for a couple years and he isn't into that shit... This must be why he's been all pissed back there."

Matt had come to the game to pay the coach a visit and lift the teams moral, since he was such a legend and all. Shane was thrilled by it, he always came with me, but since I was usually working on the next article with Logan having Matt and allowing him a VIP pass down there was like a dream to him.

My brother had been all cheerful and the Roosevelt's jewel, acting like a prodigious child coming back home... which he was, but it still surprise me he had such an effect in the school as well. No wonder why they expect so much from me.

I'd been a bit worried about him meeting with Nate again after the awkward encounter at my workplace, but for what Olly had snitched nothing dramatic happened. He'd been received like a hero, gave some tips, lifted the team's spirit and then the coach took over. They won the game, again, proving their place as one of the best options to win the school's league.

Game were getting more relevant now not only for the league itself, but also because the scouts. They'd be showing interest in players anytime soon and it shows in them.

Nate himself had been more focused this past week. Between the exams, the hard rehearsals and now taking care of Spoty's as it adapts to the new place we've barely had time together. And I'd missed him so much. Usually I wasn't this excited about parties but I really missed Nate.