51.

Song: Just a dream - Sam Tsui ft Christina Grimmie

........................................

Hailey

My hands were shaking with apprehension and fright as I talked to the ambulance's assistant as they all attended Kimmy. I hadn't stopped crying since she fainted some moments ago and despites our best chances she still hadn't wake up.

I knew this would happen, I knew she wasn't holding up as good as she claimed to be, I knew she was getting worst and lying about it, but I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I didn't want to break her trust, but now seeing as they lifted the stretched to the back of the ambulance I wished I had instead of having to face how she'd fallen to this. 

And it was my fault. I should have seen this coming. I should have done more, tell someone... I was too focused on hanging in this little confidence Kimmy allowed me, so scared to lose it that I watched and let her fully fell on the abysm. And for the way Nate's been avoiding my gaze ever since he heard me telling the paramedics what was going on. The way he sat by the path with his head in his hands, tugging stressfully at his roots.

The fright and unsettleness in my stomach was killing me as the paramedic took a few more notes, nodded at me and moved where the others were settling Kimmy in the stretcher and placed one of those oxygen masks making my heart sink all the more.

All our eyes snapped up as they rolled the stretcher towards the ambulance. There was a tense silence filling the air and a deaf pain echoing in the field. Olly and Bear had been sent to the nursery after their fight and the coach had been standing by our side ever since Kimmy fainted. He'd seen the whole scene developing and came just in time to put order, sent both boys inside and called the emergencies for Kimmy.

Seth looked completely in shock as he watched them pulled the gurney in the back of the vehicle and Nate rose, stiffly, as if not fully himself either while trying to cope with everything going on around. I stepped closer, but he didn't even meet my gaze. The only sign that he'd sensed me closer was the way his jaw clenched, all his muscles ready to snap.

"N-Nate-" I reached out brushing the back of his hand testing the waters but he flinched away as if my touch burned him.

My heart fell to the ground between us and my already shaken state couldn't take it when his eyes finally met mine with the worst feeling swirling under them: troubled, hurt, eying me like he couldn't believe I was there. But it was way worse when his lips parted enough to let his voice slip:

"You knew this."

I shook my head, my pulse ragged in my ears and my head felt too big and pounding all of the sudden, I wasn't even sure my knees would support my weight far longer. "I-I just-"