4.

Song: Story of my life - One Direction

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Song: Story of my life - One Direction

........................................

Hailey

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late. Sorry! I'm late-" I kept apologizing as I made my way -fast way- down the mall towards the street. People glared at me as I passed them, but I couldn't help it, I was LATE.

Well, you may think I could have helped it by not being late, right? It isn't that easy. This morning I got a call from Sophia, the owner of the ice-cream shop where I work three afternoons per week and one day of the weekend. Apparently her daughter got appendicitis over the night and needed someone on the shop at noon until her sister made it here and I could leave. The joke? She was late, so now I was late. And considering how rude I was to Nate yesterday me being late would be unforgivable and might cost me the whole interview.

Gawking I halted the moment I reached the front doors, glaring hard at the aggressive rain pouring mercilessly. Damn! When did a sunny day turned into this? I didn't even have an umbrella with me! For no having, I hadn't even picked up my jacket due to the beautiful summer day we were having earlier.

The bell tower not so far from the mall began gonging. It was already 4 pm.

Forgetting about the rain, I jumped in the street, determined to reach Barner's in time. And I did.

The bar was just a couple of minutes from there and running like I was I made it even quicker. But not everything was good, no. I'd caught every freaking single drop. Each one of them. Attached to my attire, hair... I entered Barner's panting like a mad woman and looking like one.

Some people glanced at me weirdly at my arrival and to my mortification they were some Roosevelt's student. Just great.

Struggling to keep my blush down I looked around for Nate, but instead my eyes met with some known blue ones. My heart immediately raced at his sight and in return he frowned, clearly confused with my appearance and excused from his friends making his way here.

Here!

Nooo! Why do I always have to make a fool out of myself?!

Pretending I hadn't seen him, I neared the closest stool and pulled my drenched bag on it. Luckily it was waterproof so my belonging were safe, but I couldn't say the same about the rest of me. From the corner of my eye I kept seeing him getting closer and closer and I inwardly threw a tantrum. Why me?

"Hailey?"

Fighting against my urge to keep panting, I pretended to have a normal breathing pace, turning baffled -as if I just saw him there. "Justin! Hey."