3.

Song: I knew you were trouble - Taylor Swift

........................................

Hailey

/ Four months ago /

"Tell me again what are we doing here?" I asked hesitantly tugging the hem of my dress so it covered almost 'till my knees. I was fine with what I was wearing half an hour ago, when I was casually hanging on Vickie's room, but now looking at the underwear some girls had the nerve to call skirts I get insecure.

I was completely out of my comfort zone, in the middle of the dancing, drunk crowd. Don't get me wrong, I like parties, but more like chill ones. With music, friends and maybe some drinks. But this looked like one of those sin cities God get rid of on the Bible. The music was way too loud, the air smell funny, and I swear if I hadn't already seen five couples having dry sex on the dance floor I'd seen none.

"I'd told you." Vickie pulled me along with her, not comfortable either. "Bear will pay for my poor garden."

Bear and Vickie had the most complicated relationship I've ever witnessed. They'd been neighbours forever and I believe at some point they were friends -as much as the redhead struggles to deny it-, but ever since we entered middle school their dislike towards one another only keep raising and raising... Vickie is such a calm soul and could have endured it on her own, but Bear happens to be much more vocal on his thoughts and never waste a chance to pull her down. His position as one of the football stars didn't exactly made those nasty remarks go unnoticed. From her clothes, to her taste of liking, to her weight... Yeah, Bear keeps calling Vickie fat, even had created the nick Fatoria, and I'm afraid she would start believing his nonsense if it didn't stop.

Either way, back to the topic, today I was supposed to stay at Vickie's for a sleepover since her parents aren't home, but Bear happened to decide he wanted to throw a massive, wild party. Worst of it all? The backyard where his and Vickie's garden met had become a dumping site of vomit and other disgusting substances. Casually landing most of it on my friend's part.

She had enough of his bullshit and decided to fight back. How? Well, rumor has it that the captain has drugs on his parties, and Mrs Glennson, our redactor, had promised the front page if we gave her a decent-juicy report before the course end, since we were kinda lacking on dramas. Vickie decided to kill two birds with one shot.

"But think it through." I whined, appealing to her compassion over the football player. "Does a front page worth ruining his reputation? They're about to have the final and it could be murderous for his football career if it's known..."

My friend pulled her red curls out her face and gave me an are-you-serious-look.

"Reputation?" she laughed. "Take a deep breath, Hails." I scowled at the weird request, but do as she said. "Don't you smell that?" What? The funny thing? I nodded and she sighed. "You think this is the usual scent in here?" I shook my head and she looked exasperated at me, almost pleading. "You really don't get where I'm going with this?"