27.

Song: Be kind - Halsey ft Marshmello

........................................

Hailey

Olly's gaze travelled around the field, focusing on mine as I waved my hands, attracting attention now that I was unmarked. He nodded and that was the only advice I got before the ball flew this way and I prepared for the receiving.

Three, two, one-

A silhouette crossed the track of the ball and intercepted it for me.

"Not again!" I whined stretching out to take the ball but he held it higher out of my reach. "Nate."

"You gotta be faster, babe." my heart somersaulted as he winked and threw it towards Seth, who easily score another point.

"Yay!" cheered the guy opening his arms to embrace Nate winningly. "That makes us six and you two."

"That's not fair!" cried Olly stomping his foot. "Girls!"

"Hey, it's not my fault!" scoffed Taylor, stopping by my side at Olly's accusing tone, her gaze narrowed at me as her tone lowered for only us to hear. "Hails need to stop drooling over Herond."

My cheeks blushed aggressively. "I'm not!" they shared a knowing look. My eyes traveled across the grass to where the couple of players was. With that usual magnetism my eyes met Nate's green once immediately and my heart sunk helplessly. "I'm not."

His instant smile stole my breath.

I don't like him.

I don't like him.

I don't-

"Sure you're not, is that make up?" Tay grabbed my chin twisting my face so she could get a better look. "Oh my God, you so like him."

"Hush." I slapped her hand away, looking around, but they were too far planning their next tactic to hear her. "Only a bit of mascara and it's waterproof." I justified hurriedly, but her knowing smirk didn't falter. "It's only natural make up."

"For a run?"

"That's why it's just mascara. Otherwise it'll be weird."

"Yeah. Who gets all dressed up for a running, uh? Who could you possibly be trying to impress..."

I blushed at her innuendo and adverted my gaze. "Shut up."

Okay, maybe when we left for the usual Wednesday's run I'd known we'd met up with the guys, also known as Seth and Nate. We'd been doing the running thrice a week now and we usually ended it with the guys of the team at the grass, doing catches and stuff. They don't tackle me anymore.