26.

Song: Voodoo doll - 5 Seconds of Summer

........................................

Hailey

The beaming feeling in my chest didn't delude even as I made the long walk from the office to my locker, get all my stuff and floated all the trek to the football field.

Good news.

At last.

It felt as if I hadn't had any in way too long, the relief in my muscles felt like melting since I'd been on the edge for such an amount of time now I felt weird to just be able to relax.

As soon as I stepped out the main building, I sensed there was something going on when I saw the players separated into small groups. It didn't look like rehearsals at all. Ones were on the field with coach Grey, ones more privately on the side with the nursing team and the rest waiting on the side, looking at the others.

You could sense a thickness in the air, like tension... But why?

Halfway there, I spotted a known black hair in the group watching the others, stretching with a few more guys. As if aware of my attention on him, Oliver head turned to this direction and spotted me getting closer. I waved, still a bit taken aback and he nodded in return, carefully looking at the coach making sure he wasn't paying attention and coming to meet me halfway.

"Hey." I tilted my head when he stopped in front of me, before the bleachers. "What's going on?"

"Apparently Fred was found taking asteroids." he scoffed and my eyes widened.

"What?"

"Yeah, so now they're suspicious about the whole team and they're making all this trials. But not only the analyzing our pee also the coach wants to test our scores and compared them with the ones from the course's start." his eyes rolled but I could tell even with his easy-going attitude he wasn't taking this as well as he was pretending to.

Fred Hooper... wow. I would' never guessed-

Well, now that I think about it, the receiver did have an incredible improvement these past months and a physical change as well. I wouldn't have noticed on a normal basis, but being forced to do the sport's section of the Daily kinda made me pay attention.

Oh my God.

How hadn't I noticed before?

I dropped my heavy bag on the very first row of the bleachers, the bench practically on the very grass that was was usually for the technical staff and coaches during the games. And turned to look up at my friend, rolling my shoulders in relief.