13.

Song: What a man gotta do - Jonas Brothers

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Song: What a man gotta do - Jonas Brothers

........................................

Nate

Every inch of my body ached by the time the coach was done with us. My muscles beamed with adrenaline to the point I didn't feel the dull throbbing like before. My stomach and left shoulder had been throbbing ever since yesterday's encounter with Harold. Let's just said he didn't take it well that I disappeared for two days.

Not like he missed me or some shit. He just hates not being in control, I guess.

I got mad each time I let myself think of it, furious at how powerless I felt beyond that doorstep, frustrated at the lack of escapes there was for us. I couldn't wait 'till I reach eighteen so I could go away.

I once tried, but the cops ended up bringing me back since my mother was still my legal tutor and it only got worse.

No, I had to wait until I was on a legal age or 'till my mother wake up and kicked his sorry ass out our place. Just take a guess which option was more likely to happen.

Thank fuck I got football, it allowed me some good rush that not only numb my destructive emotions, but also was a way of relief for this anger. I felt it pilling in my guts, getting bigger and bigger and if it wasn't for these small explosions of adrenaline I was sure it would be even more unbearable.

And now that football would also help me with the scholarship it became an even better scape route.

The coach blew the small whistle and everyone stopped dead in their tracks, our attention on him at once. "Alright, guys that's enough for today."

Already? But the way my muscles ached told me he was probably right. I'd pushed myself far enough for today. I couldn't afford a lesion now. Not when there was so much on the table. Not when there were actually chances.

I leaned forward, holding on my knees to regain my breath as coach Grey clapped his hands. "Very good job, everyone. Han, easy on the catches and Kurt watch out on the-" I zoned out, focusing on my beaming limbs, drunk from adrenaline but exhausted. I really tested my limits today. It's gonna pay off tonight.. but well, maybe this way I could sleep at once. "Okay, that's all. See you all tomorrow."

As we made our way to the changing rooms, dragging our bodies there my gaze had already found Kimberly among the cheer squad that was practicing on the other end of the field, on our way out of here.

I was more than ready to make my way to her and finally call it a day, but frowned when noticed Kimmy was panting, her face flustered from effort and her hands holding onto her tiny waist. Even with everything, her eyes were narrowed at whatever Gina Holmes, the captain, was saying to her. Whatever it was, it didn't seem like my friend enjoyed it very much.

Just Kissingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें