Chapter 36

101920

"Why would you even consider doing something like that?" Namjoon asked me as he leaned over the kitchen counter. It was Saturday, the next morning from the night I'd tried to go out with Jiho. We'd just finished a silent breakfast. The whole room was tense, since Namjoon and Hoseok had been speechless the whole morning.

I closed my eyes, hoping none of the boys would see me. I was facing Joon, who was leaning over the kitchen counter as I sat in a bar stool.

I gave him an expression that I was serious, about him dropping the subject.

But he wasn't going to do that. "What would make you so crazy as to think you could sneak out of the house?"

"Hm? What did Sujin do?" Jin asked as he entered the kitchen and grabbed a box of cereal from the counter.

Though I couldn't see them, I could tell from the silence that Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok had tuned into the conversation.

"You've never done anything like this before, and I want to know what drove you to think sneaking out of the house at three in the morning was okay."

My teeth clenched as heat rose to my cheeks. Not in front of the others. Not in front of the others.

"Kid, aren't you going to explain?"

Finally, I shrugged. "I don't know."

It felt so bad, so disgusting to be in this place. I'd done something wrong.

"How long have you been doing this?"

"Ever since she started hanging out with that dumbo boy," Yoongi said under his breath as he, too, entered the kitchen.

"I literally only tried, like, that night." I wrung my sweaty hands together, trying not to imagine the faces of my brothers who were behind me.

"Then I'll ask again, why did you think it was okay?"

At that point, Jin had clasped his hands together, leaning on the counter as well with a concerned look on his face.

"Look I'm sorry," I tried to plead, ignoring my voice as it cracked.

"You lied the other night too! I bet that's why I found you entering the kitchen the night before. You really left, didn't you? You didn't have a bad dream like you said you had, you lied. Where did you go with him? Don't you know how dangerous that was? Not only if we could really trust him, but the other people around you at that time of night."

There was nothing else I could say. I was scared.

"Sorry, Namjoon, I'm sorry."

Tears collected in my eyes. I really didn't want to cry but I was starting to feel bad. I was in trouble, and I was feeling it. So there wasn't much else I could do. There wasn't a way to keep my emotions in.

"I won't do it again, I'm sorry." Namjoon drew in a breath, and Jin's gaze never left me. "What else do you want me to say?" I asked. "I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry just please forgive me, I'm sorry."

My lip trembled as I tried to wipe the tears that came down my cheeks. With a shuddering breath, I stood from my place on the stool, and tried not to meet eyes with any of the other members as I went upstairs and to my room without another word from anyone.

As soon as I got on my bed with my door closed and locked behind me, I let the tears fall. I was so embarrassed, and felt disgusted in myself. There was nothing worse in the world than knowing I'd done something wrong, and that the boys were yet again disappointed in me. I knew what I did was wrong, and I felt so bad. But I didn't know how to make it up to them, or how to apologise.