Chapter 30

083020

The media up top ^^ is to be played at the end of the chapter where I've noted it. Enjoy!

"Can someone please get the food now? I'm starving," Taehyung groaned, shutting off his phone and stretching his back.

"How are you starving? I won't be able to eat anything," Jin said.

"The food's ordered," Sejin said, "and ready for someone to pick it up. Should I go get it, or do one of you want to?"

"I will," Jungkook volunteered, standing up and grabbing his keys.

"Thank you, Jungkook," Taehyung sighed.

"Mm hm," the younger nodded, before getting ready to head out the door.

I stood from my seat in the company's artist room before following quickly after him. "I'll come. I need something to do anyway."

Jungkook looked at me and nodded, so I followed him down the company building's stairs and to the parking lot.

"I can't wait! It's almost time for this album to be shown to fans. You've all worked so hard, and Stigma is beautiful, the Outro that I worked on... Everything is just great! I really can't wait!" I said as we walked towards the company sedan.

"I can wait," Jungkook said, sounding a bit defeated.

"Is it because you're nervous?"

"Worried, yeah. You could say that." He opened the door for me, and I climbed in as he headed to the drivers side.

"There's really nothing to be worried about, though."

"Of course you'd say that," he sighed, throwing his wallet into the back seat and getting his keys out of his pocket. "You just haven't felt anything like this. You've never done this before. You don't know how it feels. You didn't do anything."

The keys were shoved into the starter, and he grasped the wheel with knuckles that were almost turning white.

I pouted slightly to myself, because I felt the harshness of his words. But I understood he was under a lot of pressure. "I get that, JK, I really do." I ran a hand through my hair. "And I did do something, I kinda helped produce the Outro."

He was silent.

"But really," I continued, "what are you so afraid of?"

"I might not be performing in front of those thousand something people live, but that video, the music video, the music in it, and us, we, me... the fans are going to see all that. Not just fans, either. This music video is going out into the world. People are still going to see my face, they're still going to judge me, and BigHit is still going to be using this music video for an idea on how our album sales go, how much money we gain, and our future performances.

"That especially counts for tour. Heck, the entire tour depends on this music video, because this is going to give us a serious idea of what attendance for the tour is going to be. It's going to tell the members and I how much money, effort, and time is going to be put into the tour, and how much pressure we, as artists are going to have to expect. This one music video is not only more spotlight on me as a human being -a being that sometimes wants to hide- but a huge determination on my future. My whole, entire future."

I scowled. "Well when you put it that way..."

"Didn't think of it, huh?"

"Yeah." I slumped in my seat. "And that's not even counting what they'll think about the music."