Chapter 16

052520

Jiho twiddled his fingers as he sat next to me in the car. I was sitting in my usual spot, the farthest right seat in the middle row, with Jiho to the left of me. Jin was driving and Jungkook took the passenger seat, while Taehyung and Jimin sat in the back because they'd wanted to come say hi to me before we parted ways for the night.

"Sujin, what was today like at school?" Taehyung asked.

"Ah," I looked back at him. His brown hair was falling into his defining but gorgeous eyes as he watched me curiously for an answer. "Ahh, normal, I guess?"

He nodded to my reply. I was expecting an answer from him, but instead he gave the back of Jiho's head a strange glance and then looked out the window. It was the same look he'd given Jiho when we first saw him at the Cafe.

"And Jiho," Jimin said, seeing Tae wasn't going to be welcoming, "What classes are you taking this year?"

"Oh, let's see." He put his hand thoughtfully to his chin. "Well I've dropped a few of the standard classes so I can have more free periods. I practice for my agency, you see?"

'Right," Jimin said, "I forgot you're signed on."

"Yes, and right now we're recording for our debut album. It's pretty exciting."

"I'm sure," Jimin agreed. "Exhausting, huh?"

"Very. But I'm happy for the chance to. I know lots of people don't make it this far."

"You're right," Jimin mumbled, leaning his head against the window.

"The choreography is killing me. The physical training shouldn't be too bad but it is. I can't keep up and I'm sore every day."

"It gets better, I promise," Jimin said. "You might feel like you're working out way too much now, but later on, and it might take a year or two, but it will become normal, and you'll find that it gets easier after debut. Companies like to work way too hard for the debut and you realize it just gets less and less as you go on. If not better, it gets easier. It becomes normal and workouts become daily life, you know?"

Jiho nodded with a small laugh. His laughter came out in short belts that ended sharply, but it was cute. "Man, I've gotta trust you on that. Doesn't feel like it'll be that way now."

"Ah," Jimin said, making the cute noise he has a habit of doing, "Don't worry, my friend. It'll be okay, I promise."

"Good to be reassured," Jiho nodded.

We passed the dorm and I watched it longingly. I missed it, my old room with the boys only doors down and Jin's cooing. But, Jin kept driving, heading to Sejin's neighborhood which was a few more minutes away.

We were quiet for a little of the ride until Jungkook gasped from the seat in front of me. "Why do we keep forgetting about our tour next year?" he asked. "Now that it's almost September, it means next month we're releasing the new album. It's almost comeback season again."

"Ooh," Jiho hummed, "Tell me about that, Jungkook. What's it like?"

"Well," Taehyung said from the back, "It's definitely different the first time, so don't expect what we tell you to go for your debut."

"Of course."

"Especially because our album has plenty more songs than a debut album would," Taehyung continued. I glanced behind me and caught Tae's eyes, before giving him a hard look. There was no need to be rude to Jiho, even though he clearly didn't like him.

"I bet Jiho's group has plenty of good songs prepared. Bangtan's first was epic, it made a great first impression," I defended him.

"It was certainly interesting," Taehyung said.