|52| The Test of Courage

The next day, Rie resumed her training with Pixie-Bob, this time working on how to control the former's bloodlust. She stood in front of both Pixie-Bob and Aizawa, the girl confused as to why her homeroom teacher would be training her as well.

"I don't get..."

"I'm just here to observe and cancel out your Quirk, should it go out of control," he stated, "I'm also keeping an eye on the Remedial Group, so I may be going in and out."

As if on cue, he turned around to yell something at the said group, all of which were almost ready to pass out. She gave the Pro Hero an uneasy glance, which she responded with an affirming and encouraging nod.

"I don't get how I'm going to be training my bloodlust..."

"Just control when and where you release it, and in how much," she informed, pointing a finger up, "as in, when you usually release your bloodlust, are you conscious of it?"

"Sometimes..." she started slowly and hesitantly, "I mean... I usually subconsciously release it when I feel some sort of negative emotion - mainly anger - and it's usually in gradual amounts until someone tells me about it..." She shrugged her shoulders, an indecipherable noise exiting her mouth. "Other times are just in assassination, though, and I'm usually conscious of it then..."

"So you have anger management issues," summarised the Pussycat.

"I never said-" she shot back, irked, only to deflate as it didn't take her long to realise she was only affirming her point.

"Always be conscious of who you are. That's the key to improvement," spoke Aizawa plainly, his hands in his pockets, "that's why you're out here sweating, why I'm riding you so hard. Keep it in mind, always."

Who I am, huh?

"Yes, sir!"

The female began her training.

"Hey, everyone, listen up!" Pixie-Bob stated ecstatically as she pounced on the training students, the assassin trailing behind her wearily, "both classes are gonna be going head-to-head in a Test of Courage! Your reward for your intense training is some intense fun, the carrot-and-stick approach!"

"Oh, I almost forgot about that..." murmured Kendo, straightening up.

"Aww, I hate scary things," complained Jiro.

"A banquet of darkness..." observed Tokoyami.

"Some special event?" echoed a student from Class 1-B who Rie couldn't remember the name of, Monoma agreeing.

"With that said, work your butts off in the meantime!"

"Yes ma'am!"

~TIMESKIP~

"Bellies are filled, plates are clean, next on the list is-"

"The Test of Courage!" cheered Ashido, pumping a fist up. Aizawa sighed, the students immediately predicting his next sentence.

"Sorry to break it to you, Remedial Group..." he paused, "but you've got your extra lessons with me now."

Rie couldn't help but snicker at her friends' appalled faces, doubling over with laughter as her friends yelled for her to stop laughing.

"Sorry, but because you were slacking during training earlier, I'm going to cut into your playtime," he apologised, not seeming even the slightest bit apologetic, the students helplessly watching as the five were dragged away.

Rie pursed her lips, the sinking feeling seeming to linger in her stomach.

This didn't go unnoticed by her boyfriend, nor did it go unnoticed by a certain ash-blonde.

Both of which she was grouped with.

This was going to be an interesting conversation.

~TIMESKIP~

All Rie could hear was the thumping of her heart as her golden eyes darted around the forest as if checking for something. She struggled to focus on the path ahead, the boys walking ahead of her; Shoto furrowed his brows, slowing down as he matched her pace, leaving Bakugo in the lead.

"Something wrong, Riri?"

"Ah, Shoto," she snapped out of her trance, "n-no, nothing's-"

A face rose from the ground, the trio stiffening as they stopped.

"Oh-"

Rie could hear the stifled and muffled laughter from Class 1-B as she scowled, mimicking them as they continued walking. She furrowed her brows, whipping her arm out as a pink mist slowly but surely emerged from the bushes. Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth, Bakugo making to move.

"Don't breathe it in," she ordered, her golden orbs wide.

"Hah?! Why no-"

"It's a poisonous gas," she confirmed, "breathe it in and you'll be knocked unconscious for who-knows."

The boys were hesitant, though they trusted the assassin and brought their hands up to their faces. Rie could now hear their heartbeat.

"Hey... nobody has a gas Quirk in either of our classes... right?" Rie nodded slowly, the voice in the back of her head creeping back in as the foreboding atmosphere returned.

All was still.

"Everyone!" the trio jolted as Mandalay's Telepathy rang through their heads, heaving a sigh of relief. However, her next sentence instantly caused panic and shock. "We're under attack by two Villains, there could be more out there! All of those who can get back to the camp at once! If you encounter an enemy, don't engage, just retreat!"

"Hey, what's the meaning of-"

"We've got to press on, let's go back to camp," Shoto stated hurriedly, eyes widening as the trio passed a Class 1-B member. Almost instantly, Rie's eyes widened as she didn't hesitate to squat down next to him.

"His beat is faint, but it's still there," she gazed up, her eyes darting back to his twisted ankle, "also, he's injured, so someone's gonna have to carry him." Shoto bent down, picking him up and carrying him in a piggyback style. He groaned, his eyes wearily opening as the heterochromatic-eyed boy perked up, gazing back.

"You're..." he murmured, "Todoroki... Rie... Bakugo... from Class A... right?"

"Yeah," she confirmed, "we ran into you a few minutes ago, you were leaning on a tree."

"Thanks..." he breathed heavily, wincing as a pang of pain shot up his leg, "Tsuburaba... Kosei..."

He let out a grunt as Todoroki punched him in the gut, falling unconscious. Both Bakugo and Rie gawked at the male.

"Oi, half 'n' half, I know he's injured but-"

There was a rustle in the bushes.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

"Hey... you guys?"

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

"Yeah?"

Ba-dump.

"What is it, Sword Bastard?"

Ba-dump.

"I think..."

Ba-dump.

"Someone's following us..."

She didn't think this day was about to get any worse.