|86| What He Saw

"Training... with Eraser Head?"

The servants gazed up at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah," she nodded, "in order for us to train our Quirks and to be able to control them - without being tortured and harmed in the process - Eraser wants to train us when we have free time."

"Aww, man..."

"I was looking forward to free time," sighed Maehara.

"Well, he's not-" she admitted, "he's not that mean, he'll give us free time."

A collective huff of relief was shared among the servants.

Thank god.

"So... what, do we go there now?"

"I suppose," she sighed, "Killua and Alluka are already waiting there."

"Wait, all of us?"

"Yeah."

Karma scowled.

"Fine."

They headed out to Gym Beta, where Aizawa was supervising both Killua and Alluka, all three of them turning as they noticed the small crowd making their way over.

He nodded in acknowledgement, waiting for the teenagers to come to a stop in front of him.

"Let's get started, shall we?"

~TIMESKIP~

"Rie!" yelled Itona, running up to the small group of four, leaning over on his knees and panting, "Nagisa... his Quirk's in Overdrive!"

Her face fell as she groaned.

"'Over... drive'?" Aizawa echoed slowly, eyeing the female.

"It's not an official name, but I suppose you could call it a 'code' that we have," the female explained, jogging over to the said area, Aizawa and her cousins following shortly after, "Overdrive's when our Quirks get overly out-of-control, usually because of extreme emotions or a trigger."

He deadpanned as they came to a stop in a clearing. She motioned for Aizawa to come closer.

"We don't know if Erasure works..." she shot him a side-glance, hoping he got the message.

He glanced over, his eyes widening as they lingered on the azure-haired servant, loud and incessant hissing making his way towards the ears. His eyes widened, gazing down to see scaley creatures slithering on the ground, their tongues flickering in and out. He stepped to the side and watched as they bared their fangs, hissing and recoiling.

"Snakes?"

"Ah..." she sighed, "try Erasing his Quirk."

He shot her a side-glance, nodding as he activated his Quirk, his eyes glowing red as he glared at the azure-haired male.

A moment passed; everyone held their breath as Nagisa's stature slowly eased.

His eyes flashed a bloodshot red, the male falling down onto the ground, Karma catching him in time with a soft sigh, his shoulders heaving and gazing towards the trio who heaved in relief.

He watched as the servants and Rie huddled around him, calming him down from his state of panic. Killua and Alluka hung beside him, watching

"Nagisa... he takes on the negative emotions of others... but it causes emotional overload and his emotions go out of control..." Killua began, Aizawa eying him, "the only way we know - so far - to help him control his Quirk is... well..."

He fell silent.

"Not doing anything..."

"You... don't do anything?" he echoed incredulously, watching the twelve-year-old shift uncomfortably.

"Yeah..."

Aizawa didn't see Villains.

Aizawa didn't see vicious teenagers.

Aizawa didn't see criminals.

Aizawa saw young, scared teenagers.

Aizawa saw helpless teenagers.

Aizawa saw future Heroes.

Aizawa saw potential.