|43| They're Dating Now

"Karma, where'd Rie go?" The boy turned in the corridor to face Nagisa who was gazing at him, walking up to him and his arms mid-folding her Villain Costume. He hummed, nonchalantly placing his hands behind his head as the boy hurried to catch up to him. "Her par... uh..."

"Parental units?" joked the boy, a jovial, lopsided grin on his face.

"I... suppose..." he sweat-dropped.

"What do they want with her?"

The boy shifted his feet uncomfortably and avoided his piercing, mercury eyes.

"They wanted to start training her..." he murmured, almost inaudible and meek as Karma suddenly stopped in the hallway, falling silent and terrifying the boy, "K... Karma?"

"Hmm?"

"You... kinda... um..." he moved his hands around, struggling to come up with words as the pink-haired boy cocked his head, "you seemed... well... angry, I guess..."

"'Course I'm angry," he scoffed, a dark glare covering his masculine features, "their training methods are completely unethical, and any blind person would be able to see that what they do to her is completely wrong! I get that they're Villains, but do they really have to use... those... those methods on her?! It's not even just them, it's Illumi and Silva and Kikyo as well, whenever they come over! Rie..." he lowered his voice slightly, "Rie doesn't... deserve to be treated like this..."

"No... no, she doesn't..." a stunned silence followed his rant as Nagisa lowered his head as he suddenly realised that his voice cracked near the end of it.

"Oh, by the way, Nagisa," Karma piped up suddenly, his tone completely changing from his menacing and threatening tone, "Rie and Todoroki are dating now~"

There was another silence.

Then-

"EHH?!"

His mercury orbs widened, running up to him and clasping a hand over his mouth, a threatening look crossing over his features.

"Not so loud, they'll hear you!" he hissed, eyes wide in fear and freezing as the door creaked open to reveal a pair of adults who stared down at the terrified teenagers.

"Is there something wrong, Nagisa?" the condescending voice of Reyna Hassake rang through the boy's ears as he uttered a small 'no ma'am', brushing it off as Karma just jump-scaring him - which, to be fair, happened quite often. The woman narrowed her eyes in suspicion at the boy who continued maintaining eye-contact with her, his chest heaving up and down in anticipation. Much to his relief, she was the first to break the staring competition between them and instead turned to Karma, who instantly stood upright.

"Where's Rie?"

The boy smiled awkwardly, immediately making an excuse on the spot.

"She went to talk to the Zoldyck family~" was his eventual response, "apparently Silva wanted something from her."

Much to his displeasure, she didn't believe him.

"Silva would have contacted one of us before requesting to see her," she countered, "and besides... he could just come over and speak to her whenever he wants."

He narrowed his eyes.

He didn't like her tone.

"So... I'll ask again, where is Rie?" she summoned a blade, the boy's breath hitching as he felt the cold metal press against his neck, "and don't lie... if you do... well... we'll get to that~" she pressed the blade deeper into his neck, the boy hissing slightly as blood trickled down his neck.