|73| Her Punishment

"Let me get this straight... you went to U.A. because you were bored?"

"Y-yes, sir."

"And you were recommended into U.A. by Edgeshot?"

"Yes, sir."

"And yet you had the audacity to lie to your mother and me?"

"Y-yes, sir."

The man inhaled, exhaling through his nose as he placed his pen down. His eyes watched the girl in front of him shift uncomfortably from one foot to another, her golden eyes desperately trying to look at anywhere but him, it would seem. He pursed his lips, leaning forward in his chair and clasping his hands together, resting his forehead on them. He stood, circling around the table and leaning on the edge with his arms crossed, motioning for the girl to step closer.

"Take out your phone." A perplexed expression crossed over her face, though she followed his orders nonetheless. She held the device in her hand, waiting for his next instruction as she slowly made her way towards him, halting as he held a hand up. "Go into your contact list."

She did as she was told.

"Tell me the names of every single person on that list."

What...

Slowly but surely, Rie made her way down the list - the list of Class 1-A's contacts, the list of the U.A. staff's contacts, the list of the Heroes' contacts, the list of the servants' contacts, the list of the Big 3's contacts, the list of her family's contacts. When she was done, she gazed up at him expectantly.

The room was silent.

"Block and then delete them. Every last one of them."

Her eyes widened slightly, opening her mouth to speak.

"Now."

She swallowed gazing down at her phone and quietly obliging, unwilling to show weakness in front of her father.

"And I don't want you taking screenshots of their numbers, either, Rie."

I wasn't going to... but now that you mention it... no... I won't do it.

"Yes, sir..." she muttered.

"Louder."

"Y-yes, sir," she repeated.

Her eyes wandered down the list, hesitantly blocking every last one of her contacts, blocking off all communication to the outside world - and possibly her sanity and safe haven. Her fingers lingered and hovered over many - if not all - of the names, trembling slightly as they blocked and deleted every single one. She pursed her lips, her violet hair covering her eyes as she wordlessly placed her phone back inside her pocket.

"I'm done."

"And you deleted all of them?"

"Yes, sir."

"Show me," he commanded, holding a hand out and his fingers grasping the small device, turning it on as the small screen lit up the dark room, "good." He handed it back to the girl. "Now, your mother and I have discussed a suitable punishment for you, Rie, and we expect you to go through with it without any complaints. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir," her voice was monotone.

"You will be locked in your room, only let out for meals and training. You are not allowed to talk to any of the servants in this house, nor are you allowed to converse with your so-called 'friends' - not that you can, seeing as you've followed my instructions - and you are to remain there. You will not - let me repeat, you will not - be going back to U.A. I don't want to hear you complaining."

Suitable, huh?

"Yes, sir." She held her tongue, bowing as she left the room, her eyes stinging. She inhaled, recollecting herself and walking down the corridor towards her room.

"Eh~?" Karma hummed, smirking, "that was quick~"

"What did he want to talk about?" Nagisa perked.

She silently brushed past the taken-aback servants, clenching her fists slightly as she closed the door, separating herself from everything, and from everyone.