|32| Her Feelings For Shoto

"Who did I miss?"

"Iida and Ojiro passed the exam!" beamed Uraraka, the girl's golden orbs travelling to the screen.

"Huh... so it's YaoMomo and Shoto now, huh?" she murmured, observing as the said girl gazed down, glancing up again at something that Shoto had said, the boy not seeming to care at all and remaining impassive, staring forward as he led her into a small alley, pacing themselves to a light jog.

"Hey, this is gonna be a tough battle," sighed Uraraka.

"No kidding," agreed Midoriya, nodding as he watched their mouths move, trying to read their lips.

"Shoto often relies on his Quirk far too much and tends to take lead, not seeming to care that much about other people's opinions," observed the girl, "but he's quick to make a plan at the same time. YaoMomo, on the other hand, after her defeat in the Sports Festival, immediately begun self-doubting herself and her abilities..."

"What are they talking about?" murmured Ojiro, staring at the screen intently.

"No idea," shrugged the girl, "I can't read lips, but it looks like YaoMomo's putting even more pressure on herself, which isn't... a good thing."

"No kidding," snorted Iida, "the more pressure one puts on themselves, they tense more and tend to perform worse than they normally would."

The words soon faded through one ear and exited out the other as she observed the fight starting to ensue between both Yaoyorozu and Shoto with Aizawa. She watched as he used his Capturing Weapon to tie him up to the telephone wires before throwing caltrops onto the ground, claiming that even if he'd try to escape, he'd have to find some sort of way to escape them; the man wisely chose to ignore his student's ponderance about whether or not he was a ninja. He adjusted his shirt, wandering off elsewhere - presumably to find Yaoyorozu who had run off to search for the exit.

Shoto Todoroki.

The youngest son of Endeavor - and, as far as Rie was concerned, her first best friend (other than her cousins and servants) - was the first person other than her family that she trusted. Sure, she lied to him about her Quirk and kept her identity as the best assassin in Japan, 'Poison Dart', but could she really trust him with her secret? According to him, she was the first person who he had informed about his past - changing his mind as he later told Midoriya during the Sports Festival. So then what was the... training session together supposed to mean? Yes, it helped her during her finals but...

She groaned loudly, ignoring her classmates' perplexed gazes.

She blinked.

She... liked Shoto Todoroki, didn't she?