|72| Interrogations and A Mistake

"We're here," Karasuma spoke, pulling over and turning around to face the two quiet teenagers, "Bakugo, do you want us to drive you home?"

"I'll ask my mum to pick me up," he settled, wordlessly departing from the black car with the assassin following closely behind. The butler's eyes softened.

"Rie." The said girl turned. "Good luck."

She nodded silently, turning her back as he drove off. The pair puffed their cheeks, releasing a shaky breath they didn't know they were holding, only to sharply inhale as they were met up by three police officers. The girl's eyes widened as their sharp eyes lingered on her longer than she would have liked, shifting uncomfortably. Their eyes downcast, the girl was glad when a familiar voice called out to them.

"Kacchan! Riri!" called Deku, appearing alongside Kirishima, Todoroki, Iida and Yaoyorozu, "we'll wait outside for you two!"

"Let's go in," the officers gently nudged the teenagers inside, the pair obliging.

"Now... Katsuki Bakugo... and Rie Hassake, correct?"

"Yes, sir," the pair confirmed in sync.

"Now... we will ask the two of you to enter the room, one-by-one," the second officer spoke, "that is, unless you two wish to be interviewed together?" The pair didn't look at one another, signalling to the officers that they wished to be separate. "Alright... Katsuki, you're in first. Watch your step."

And he vanished, Rie tentatively taking a seat outside the room.

After what seemed like ages, Bakugo finally stepped outside, looking pale.

"How did it go?" she murmured.

"Fine," he swallowed shakily, shoving his hands in his pockets, "do I wait for you?"

"If you want," she shrugged, "I don't mind either way."

"I'll wait," he sat down, crossing his legs and gazing up at her, "well? Go in, good luck."

"I'll be needing it..." she exhaled, entering the room and closing the door behind her, leaving the explosive boy to stare at the wood. He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest and staring up at the ceiling.

"Ah, you're here," the first police officer spoke, motioning to the seat in front of him, "take a seat, take a seat." She reluctantly obliged, her heart thumping against her chest.

"No need to be scared, Rie, we'll just ask a few questions and then you'll be free to go," the third officer spoke, smiling at the girl which she tightly returned, "now... do you know why the League of Villains and assassins kidnapped you?"

"Because of my identity as Poison Dart," there was no point in hiding it, seeing as they already knew who she was.

"And what did you say?" the second officer spoke gruffly.

"I don't like working with others, so I declined," she frowned, "even if I were to join a Villain group, I wouldn't cooperate with them because of our differing views."

"I see... you're the youngest child of the Hassake family, correct?" his gaze was piercing and his voice stern.

"Y-yes, sir."

"And you're Japan's best assassin?"

"Yes, sir."

"How many people have you killed?"

"I... I don't know, sir."

"Stop terrifying the poor girl," the first officer scolded, furrowing his brows and whacking the man in the centre who grumbled an apology; he flashed the girl an apologetic smile, "sorry about him, he's in a rather bad mood today... do you have any other questions?"