Second Year: The Bar

Fatespeaker and Starflight's drama

Fatespeaker's POV

The rain poured endlessly as I walked out of Pyrrhia College's campus and into a cab. It was 9:00 at night when I left Peril in the room alone with a note saying that I was going out. I didn't tell her that I was going to a bar because I knew she was going to send Deathbringer or Riptide after me. Look, a bar wasn't the first place I wanted to go. I wanted to go to Starflight's house and hang out with him. You know, nothing bad, just talking. But once I saw him and Sunny laughing and snuggling with each other, I just had to get out of there.

So now I was in a cab leaving the campus and into a bar. "The Arena Bar please," I instructed the cab driver. The driver nodded and drove me to the bar that Scarlet, Peril's foster mother, owned. Don't get me wrong, I HATE Scarlet. But I do enjoy her rum. Once we got there, I paid the driver and walked into the bar.

I wore a beautiful dark purple dress that went down to my knees. I was modest but enough to make me look my age. My hair was down and I think I kinda looked like Veronica Lodge from Riverdale. Once I walked into the bar, many boys were eyeing my dress and curves. Uncomfort wooshed over me as I sat down at the bar.

"Do you want anything?" the bartender asked. He had flaming red hair and green eyes. Hey, I recognized him.

"Yeah, can I have Scarlet's famous rum?" I wondered. The young man rolled his eyes and walked off grumpily. When he came back, he slid the bottle into my hand. "Flame? Are you Flame Skyshift?"

The boy looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Yeah? And who are you?" Flame growled.

"Um, your foster sister, Fatespeaker," I reminded him. Flame's face was blank and continued to serve the customers. I sighed and picked up my drink. "Even more reason to get drunk," I toasted.

As I drank the magical rum, a frenzy happened. I whooped and continued to drink. Flame just eyed me the whole time.

Half way done with forth drink I thought about them. Sunnyflight. What perfect love story. Born as a foster kid and were life friends. Then start to date and eventually get married. They have the school rooting them.

"Hey, you look pretty lonely," said a random stranger. He sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Pretty eyes. "Mind if I sit here?" He asked. Flame eyed me. I nodded and the shady man sat next to me. He looked about 30 ish, eh a few years older than me.

"Sure, why not. It's not like we're going to married," I said, drunk. I sipped my rum a little more.

"My name is Darkstalker," he introduced. "What's your name?"

"Fatspeaker," I said, ignoring the fact that I called myself fat.

"You look beautiful Fatespeaker," Darkstalker grinned. I rolled my eyes and pushed his arm away from as he tried to snake it around my shoulders.

"Listen shady man," I growled.

"Darkstalker," he frowned.

"I really don't want to go home with you. I just wanna get drunk enough for my friend to take me home and give me a long stupid speech about how drinking is bad," I snapped. Darkstalker shrugged and took a big gulp out of his beer.

"Why do you want to get drunk?" Darkstalker wondered.

"Why do I want to get drunk?" I snorted. "I want to get drunk because for three years of my life I have been on love with this guy and yet he falls for this smiling all the time-pretty-no good-Sunny," I growled.

"Hm, typical," the thirty year old man muttered.

"Excuse me?" I replied, gripping my rum harder.