First Year: Science

Turtle and  Kinkajou's drama

October 13th 

Kinkajou's POV

Dear Diary,

Today in Science the most amazing thing happened! Now I can't wait until November 1st. Let me tell you about my day...

As you know, Moon and I always walk together to class. And during those walks, we talk about EVERYTHING! Even the bad stuff. Annnyyywaayy, today as we were walking, Moon pulled me to the side.

"Kinkajou, I have to tell you something," Moon whispered, kinda smiling like a manic. "So, first, I'm sorry for sneaking-"

"For sneaking out to read?" I guessed. Moon gaped at me. "Yeah, I knew since the first night. I mean I also stay up at night. Heck, I'm always in the kitchen when you leave." Moon gaped at me again. "What? I night eat."

"Anyway, um, yesterday night when I went to go read...Qibli asked me to the dance!" she squealed. I squealed with her and jumped up and down.

"He ASKED you!" I squealed. Moon nodded, squealing. "AH! This is AMAZING!"

"I know right!" Moon swooned. And speaking of Qibli, Qibli walked right past us. Blushing and looking at Moon a lot. Moon blushed too and a strand of hair fell into her eyes. Qibli walked over to us and wrapped his arm around Moon's waist.

The way Moon looked when she felt Qibli's arm on her waist, was just plain funny. "So what are you girls talking about?" Qibli asked.

"Oh you know, normal girl stuff," Moon said. "What about you?" 

"Eh, I'm about to go science with Dean Charles Dickson," said Qibli. "He's kinda weird, you know? The way he looks at Peril in class and they way she avoids him. It's like they have past." Moon nodded knowingly. 

"Well, have you talked to Winter?" Moon asked. 

"No." 

"Okay." I stared at the two and thought about Winter, Qibli, and Moon's ridiculous love triangle. I thought about how weird that it was for Qibli to ask permission to date Moon. "Anyway, let's go to science." As we walked to science I saw Deathbringer and Peril walk into one of the dorm buildings. Then when we went to class, Turtle and Winter were there. 

"Class take your seats," Mr. Dickson said. He scanned the room and stopped at Peril's usual spot which was next to Turtle. "Where is Ms. Sky?" He asked.

"I don't know," Turtle replied. "She didn't come in this morning."

"Do you have any idea where she is?" Mr. Dickens asked.

"Nope."

"Alright then," he muttered. "Turn to page 74 and read the page all the way to 90. Or the rest of it is homework," he grinned. What a gastly man, I thought. No wonder Peril didn't come to class.

"Hey Turtle," I whispered. "Want to do our Science work together?"

"S-sure," Turtle stammered. I moved over to his table and brought my work book.

"I was thinking...that maybe, just maybe, you would want to come to the dance with me?" Turtle wondered as he read the page.

"Really?" I squealed. "Absolutely!" Turtle blushed then I blushed. I'm going to the fall dance with Turtle. Yay!

Anyway so that's how the day went. Poor Winter though. He doesn't have a date. Eh, I guess it's karma but I hope SOMEONE goes on a date with him.

Love,
Kinkajou