First Year: The Dance part 2

Friends

Qibli's Point of View

It was finally time to get the show started. Guests from all over the country were attending this Fall Ball. The ballroom was decorated with leaves that were brown and red and the room smelt like fall. I breathed in the delicious smell and sighed happily. Today was the day that The Jade Winglet was going to finally play for an audience. I mean, we had plenty of people watch us but that was mostly Glory, Clay, and Tsunami. And usually, they would say "That's amazing!" or "Wow." Not really the criticism we needed. But now, we have some to criticize us the RIGHT way. 

Winter, Peril, Turtle, and Kinkajou were already on stage. Man, I can't believe that Winter has a girlfriend. Actually, I can believe it. But what I can't believe is that he can get Bella Stone. Dang Boi! But at the same time, I'm proud of him. 

"Qibli?" A familiar dainty voice called. "It's time," she said. The beautiful young woman named Moonwatcher walked up to me. She placed her ivory skin color hand on my shoulder. I turned around and looked at Moon in awe. She wore a beautiful black dress with little sparkles on it. Moon's raven black hair was put up in a bun but little strands of her hair escaped. 

"You look beautiful," I complimented. Moon blushed at my compliment but I didn't care, she was gorgeous. 

"You look handsome," Moon replied, still blushing. 

"Thanks, turns out brushing my hair makes me seem more attractive, right?" I grinned. Moon rolled her eyes and dragged me up on the stage. I took my place sitting behind the drums and prepared to play the song we prepared. 

"Good Evening Pyrhhia!" Peril shouted through the microphone. I looked over the huge crowd of people and noticed how Clay was starring at Peril. Huh, I guess Peril's dream crush will actually like her back. "I hope you are enjoying your night, but to make it more enjoyable, my friends and I have prepared a few songs for guys," Peril smiled. Peril wore a beautiful flaming red dress that was strapless. Her red hair was curled and she wore orange hooped earrings. Peril turned her head, "Hit it!" 

(Play the song) 

I hit my drumsticks and prepared for Peril to sing. "Oh my love, let me be your fire. We're a thousand miles up and I'm 'bout to get higher. Feel my heart beating out my chest you're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed," Peril sang. 

"Singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh," Kinkajou and Moon sang. Moon started to clap her hands. "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh." 

"Rest your head like it was made of stone," Peril sang, taking off the microphone from the stand. "Next to mine, darling lay your bones. Hold you closer, let me show," she sang, walking to Moon who was still clapping. "We'll shape this world like it was meant to be. Made of clay for only you and me. Awake with you is better than a dream, better than a dream."

Moon walked over to me and she started to dance with me. I was still playing the drums but she was close to me. Like we agreed. "Oh my love, let me be your fire. We're a thousand miles up and I'm 'bout to get higher. Feel my heart beating out my chest you're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed," Peril sang, clapping just like Moon is. 

"Singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh," Moon and Kinkajou sang. 

"Safe and sound is all you'll ever know. Shake the ground, the higher that we go. We'll take the stars and show 'em how to blow. Yeah, 'cause life is more than just a waiting game and we're not waiting 'til it's time to play," Peril sang. "The only rules I play by are you play by you." 

"Oh my love, let me be your fire. We're a thousand miles up and I'm 'bout to get higher. Feel my heart beating out my chest you're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed," Peril sang. 

"Singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh," Moon and Kinkajou sang. 

"I won't be afraid if my spirit fades 'cause when I see your face I know that I am saved," Peril sang the bridge, going back to her normal spot. "I won't be afraid if my spirit fades 'cause when I see your face I'm saved." 

"Oh my love, let me be your fire. We're a thousand miles up and I'm 'bout to get higher. Feel my heart beating out my chest you're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed," Peril sang. "Singing oh my love, let me be your fire. We're a thousand miles up and I'm 'bout to get higher. Feel my heart beating out my chest. You're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed." 

"Singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh," Moon and Kinkajou sang.  "Ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh."

"You make me feel blessed, you make me feel blessed. You're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed," Peril sang, ending the song. We were all out of breath. The Jade Winglet shared a look, a look that said, "That was the best performance ever." 

"Thank you for listening, some of us will be taking a short break but I hope you enjoyed the song," Peril told the audience. The audience clapped and Peril beamed. She beamed so bright that I could tell her face was hurting. Moon put her microphone away and walked up to me. 

"Wanna dance?" she wondered. 

I look up at her and grin. "I would love to," I replied. She took my hand and we walked to the dance floor. We got into possession and we waited for Peril to start her next song with Turtle.