Second Year: Charles Dickens

Okay so you might want to kill Charles but there is a really good reason why Charles is an important person in this story. I can't tell you other wise it will spoil the book. He's supposed to be something to add to the story. Anyway, I don't like Charles either...Enjoy!

August 22nd

Peril's POV

I walked away from Clay angrily, I wasn't mad at him. I was mad at the Dean for bringing me a class behind. I knew exactly who the Dean was, my ex-boyfriend. I know it sounds gross but the Dean is actually Charles Dickens who is actually a 22 year old man. I know, crazy right? I knew exactly why he was being such an mean person. I stormed into his office, not noticing the secretary as she tried to stop me. 

When I walked in I slammed the door in the secretary's face. "What the heck?" I growled. I handed Charles my papers. Charles had orange hair and green eyes and he had the perfect jaw line. Well, not as perfect as Clay's jaw line...STOP THINKING ABOUT CLAY! 

"What's wrong Ms. Sky?" Charles asked nonchalantly. He was sitting in his big chair, Charles became Dean because he plead his rich father to let him run the school for at least one year. So, here he is, being a complete jerk. 

"Don't use my name like that!" I hissed. "Why are you holding me back a year?" I questioned him. Charles shrugged, I hated that charming shrug. 

"Because you didn't do your school work last year in Science," Charles covered his mouth to hide his charming grin. 

"No! That's not the reason and you know it!" I growled. "It's because I broke up with you!" I shouted. I was yelling so loud I think Clay could hear from his room. 

Charles stood up and walked to me, this action made me uncomfortable. He walked closer to me until I could feel his breath on my neck. "You left me unreasonably," he whispered. 

"No!" I whispered back "I left you because...YOU CHEATED ON ME!" I yelled. This made him flinch, good. He should flinch! He deserved to be burned to ashes for cheating on me with Ruby! I pushed away from Charles and walked away from him. 

Charles followed me and took my hands in his, "It was a mistake, plus, we were great together." Charles put his lips on a delicate spot on my ear and whispered, "I love you and only you." I was captivated by his touch, his voice, his charm I didn't know what to do. What if he broke my heart again? I had to admit, I did love Charles very much, which it was why I hated him so much for kissing another girl. But what if he was right? What if he really did love me? I always wanted to be loved. 

"I loved you too," I sighed. I went to go sit on a chair and tears started pouring out of my eyes. 

"Then what's the problem?" Charles asked. He knelt down next to me and put a hand on my knee. 

"Y-you hurt me that's the problem," I cried. "You tore me into pieces. You broke me. You broke my heart," I placed my hand on my chest. All the pain that I felt when he cheated on me came rushing back. 

Charles sighed and I stood up. I didn't want explain my pain anymore. Then Charles grabbed my hand and slowly backed me up until I was against the wall with Charles blocking my way. He leaned his head closer to my ear. "I will never hurt you again," Charles whispered. I inhaled and closed my eyes. I hated this feeling, I hated the feeling of his touch, I hated his voice. But at the same time, I loved it. "Just let me show you," Charles breathed. He kissed the edge of my ear and then slowly traveled down to the corner of my lips. 

"I really love you," he purred. Then he moved his lips so that they were right in front of mine. He leaned closer until our lips were millilitres apart. He kissed me and his hand traveled to my hair. I kissed him back, it was a soft kiss but it felt more meaningful than I wanted it to be. When he pulled away, his dark eyes stared into my blue eyes. "So?" he whispered. 

"I-I have to think about it," I mumbled. He looked down at the floor but let me go. "I'm fine with being a grade behind." I took my papers and walked out of the office. I placed my index and middle finger on my lips. I walked away from the office and walked outside and to the courtyard. As I walked I bumped into someone. 

"Agh!" I hissed. "Watch it!" I growled. Then I saw who it was, it was Clay! His light brown hair glowed in the sun light. "Oh, Clay!" I stammered. "I-I'm sorry!" 

"It's fine," Clay smiled his amazing smile. Whenever he showed me that smile, I always smiled back. "Hey? Are you okay?" Clay asked, concerned. I sighed. Should I tell him? No. He'll only think of me as pathetic. 

"Y-yeah I'm fine," I lied. I was not fine! "What class do you have?" 

"Math. You?" He wondered. 

"M-math too!" I grinned. "Meet you there soon?" I asked. Clay nodded his handsome head and turned to go to class. I smiled then I felt someone watching me. I turned around and looked up and I saw Charles looking down at me. I watched him back and turned around to follow Clay. What was I going to do?