Snitch

Finally, it was Friday. The anticipation had been built until this day. I was excited to play in my first Quidditch match but at the same time what if I lose? 

I put on my green Quidditch robe and exited the female locker room and headed out to the main part of the meeting room before we all headed out. 

"Hey, good luck." I heard a voice say behind me. 

"Won't need it," I repeated what he had said to me when he first went out. He chuckled softly before heading to Crabbe and Goyle.

Graham finally came out of the boy's locker room section and gave us a speech. 

"This game will be hard. It's against the Hufflepuff's and they're good. But we're better. Have fun, don't die. Maybe cheat a little." He winked and told us to get in line. Draco stood in the back, behind me so he could walk to the chair once we were out on the field. 

Finally,the band started playing giving the cue to enter. We all pushed off the floor and flew into the air. The wind filled my ears making it hard to hear anything. Once I slowed the noise became clear.

Cheers and applauds filled the air.

"GO Y/N!"  I heard Fred and George scream from the Gryffindor side. Even though they weren't Slytherin, they dressed in all green and silver. For me. 

I looked to the Slytherin side and saw Theo and Tracey holding hands, cheering me on. I was so uninvolved with them that that happened without me?? I flew over there while the team was still circling around to see them.

"When did this happen?" I asked shocked at them. They looked happy. Like truly happy. 

"Yesterday. We meant to come to tell you but we couldn't find you anywhere. Where have you been? It's like you disappeared." Theo responded. I had been with DA but they didn't know that. And I planned on keeping it that way.

"I've been around. Just quite I guess." I shrugged and Tracey smiled.

"Well, we miss you. Meet us after the game. Good luck." She said clapping her hands I smiled wide then flew over to where the team was in formation.

The whistle blew, starting the game. The snitch was released and my eyes followed it, then lost it, then found it again. I pressed forward on the broom, picking up my speed. I didn't know, nor care, the name of the Hufflepuff seeker. But the two of us-

Cedric?

What looked like an apparition of him appeared in front of me making me reer my broom to a halt. The other seeker, confused on why I stopped, lost the snitch. I collected myself agreeing it was just my eyes playing jokes. 

I turned around on my broom and went to search for the snitch again. I wasn't paying attention to the score but by what the crowds emotions were saying, Slytherin was in the lead. 

Once I found it again, I bolted to it. It was higher up in the air so I had to put myself at a 90 degree angle to reach it. When I finally got to it, I was in the clouds. I reached my hand out for the snitch and laced the small, squirming machine in between my fingers and let it slide to my palm. Excited with my victory I celebrated in the clouds by myself for a moment before flying back down.

I closed my eyes and danced around. When I opened my eyes, my face dropped again. The apparition was back. This time he stayed there.

"Cedric?" I said in disbelief. I rubbed my eyes making sure I wasn't seeing things. 

"Y/N... I'm so proud of you." His voice echoed impossibly. "Now go down there and get your celebration." He smiled the smile I missed desperately. 

"I miss you." Is all I managed to get out.

"Look, it's taking a lot of energy to do this. But I know I needed too. You've grown so much in the past year. I mean look at how strong you've become." His shape was starting to fade away. I didn't want it too but I knew it must be hard to stay like that for a long period of time so I understood. "Now go!" He pushed on.

"Ok ok." I said with a newfound motivation. "Thank-" I looked back over and he was gone. "You." I finished. I smiled weekly before looking back down to the ground. I tilted my broom down and let it fall. 

I got control of it soon enough and raised my right fist that was clutching the snitch. 

Cheers erupted throughout the stadium except for some Gryffindors and the Hufflepuffs.

The Ravenclaws and Slytherins were all cheering for me though. 

"Atta girl!" Graham said as he flew up to me on his broom. "WE WON!" His voice echoed through the field making the cheers grow louder. I reached the ground on my broom and hopped off handing the little bugger to Graham. Soon I was almost knocked off my balance by someone. 

"What-"

"Finally, a win for Slytherin. Nice job, Dimwit."