Pink Heels

"His eyes flickered to meet mine and for a moment I thought I saw remorse."

My back was pressed against the tree, my knees pressed to my chest. The wind blew around me leaving small ripples on the lake. It was peaceful here.

I was taking deep breaths to calm myself down after being up there with McGonnagol. 

Whispers started to form from behind me. The words were there but I couldn't understand what they were saying. I didn't care. I didn't care who they were or what they were saying. It didn't matter anymore. I sighed hoping they would leave but they didn't. Whoever they are.

It wasn't until I felt two presences sit next to me that I put the pieces together. A smile crept onto my face.

"Haven't been here but three seconds and shes's already smiling!" One of the voices said.

"I'd say that's a new record, Georgie!" The other said. My smile had grown during their conversation. The three of us were newly found friends and they were a bit older than me but it didn't change anything. 

"You alright there, Hartwood?" The one on my left spoke up.

"Yeah, I'm good George. Just a little shaken up I guess." I admit letting my head hang low so they didn't see my red eyes from where I had been crying. 

"Well, that's a lie." They both said at the same time. I found it funny how they could just know what the other was going to say. No wonder they're twins. 

I let out a soft laugh nodding a little bit. "We brought you something. If you ever need an excuse to get out school ya know?" Fred continued, digging in his pocket like he did the first time we talked. He brought out something wrapped in white tissue paper.

I unrolled it to reveal a blue and red cube.

"Fever Fudge." They both said gleefully.

"It'll give you a nasty fever."

"Just figured out the right recipe not too long ago."

I was speechless. They were some of the best people in this school. No matter what they always had a smile on their face. They didn't care what house you were in. Couldn't care less about Umbridge and her stupid detention. They were great. 

"Thank you, guys. I'll save it for when I have detention next." I joked making them laugh.

"Well, then that won't last long," Fred said pushing my shoulder a little bit. The rest of the time we were out there we spent laughing about stupid stuff and ate so much candy it hurt. But I didn't care. They cheered me up for the second time. 

It was at this moment that I knew they were friends for life. 

---

It had been a few days and still no note back from Iris. I had decided that it did matter. I still had Amos after all. If Iris didn't care about me then I shouldn't beat myself up about it. This is what I would tell myself. Whether I believed it or not was up for debate. 

As far as school goes, Umbridge was appointed the post of Hogwarts High Inquisitor. The short version, getting to run the school beside the headmaster. It was stupid and made no sense. I was quite upset. 

She was running around the school making a new rule every day. She was strict on anything and everything she could be. It was awful. 

I had made my way to Divination when Umbridge stopped me in the hall.

"Tighten your tie, dear." Her voice made my head hurt. I grudgingly tightened it and walked off to class. 

The class was noisy, as usual, when I walked in. I was a few minutes early so the class hadn't started yet. I took my seat which was, unfortunately, behind Malfoy and his friends. 

"Oh, look who it is," Pug-Face said.

"Pansy, can we not do this today? You may not like her but some of us do." Blaise cut in before she could say anything else.

"By 'some of us' do you mean only you? Because I know for a fact that Dracey doesn't like her and neither does Millicent. Right, Draco?" Her voice cracked saying his name they last time. He snapped his head up from the table and looked a bit confused. Like something was bothering him almost.

"Hmm? Oh yeah." His eyes flickered to meet mine and for a moment I thought I saw remorse. I shook it off as Trelawney started to speak.

"Good Morning class." The class had begun and it was boring as usual. It was going fine even though it was boring. Well, it was fine until Umbridge had to make an appearance. 

Her pink heels clicked on the flooring as she walked to stand on Trelawney's left. "Just one question, dear. You've been in this post how long exactly?"

Trelawney hesitated for a moment not sure of what was going on. "I- I uh-" She swallowed hard. "Started in uh 81." She said shyly keeping her hands locked together while moving them around.

Umbridge wrote something down on her paper and walked into the hallway where she entered. The whole class was looking at each other.

"What do you think she's doing here?" I whispered to Theo and Tracey who sat at my table.

"I don't know but I for one hope she leaves," Tracey said frustrated. I hadn't seen much of the two of them. I couldn't tell if that was on me or on them but I wanted whatever was going on to change back to normal again.

"Could you please predict something for me?" Umbridge continued.

"I- I'm sorry?" Trelawney seemed a bit offended by the question. I felt bad for her. Everyone seemed to hate her but she was great in all honesty.

"One teensy little prophecy?"

Trelawney widened her eyes but no words came out even though it looked like she was trying to talk.

"Pity," Umbridge says as she writes another thing down on her note pad. 

"No, wait, wait no. I think I do see something. Yes. I do. Something dark." She points a shaky finger at the pink demon as she talks. "You... are in grave danger." She says. The room gets even quieter, if possible.

"Lovely." She says nonchalantly as she walks out of the room. Draco snapped back into Mr. Cool Guy and starts to chuckle with his friends but I couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. 

The two of us weren't fighting as much anymore. It was kinda... strange? In a way. It was definitely different. I was used to being made fun of by him every day and I would make fun of him. It was nice for a while until the train ride here. It was like he was a completely different person over summer.

He was nice to me and we even danced together at the Yule Ball. It was like he forgot all of that. But for some reason, I couldn't.