Sweet You Care

"I sat down by myself before Draco came and sat in front of me."

I left my dorm with the new sweater I got from the Weasly's on. I tried to find Draco to thank him but he wasn't in the common room. Maybe he was still in his dorm. 

I walked out of the common room to go get some food. Every Christmas here there was a huge feast so I didn't want to eat too much so I could be prepared for then. 

As I walked out a loud, 'BOO' came from behind me. I jumped a little and turned around to see who it was. 

"Very funny, Draco," I said as we started walked up the spiral staircase to get to the main Hallway. 

"I got your card. It's sweet you care." He teases. 

"I very specifically said in that card that I don't care and that I was only writing it because it was the polite thing." I snarked back. "And I got your ring. It's sweet you care." I mocked his tone.

"Oh, we're not playing that game. I'm positive I told you I gave that to you because I didn't want it and you were also the last person I'd give it to."

"Draco stop I'm blushing," I said making him laugh. We finally reached the Great Hall and got a quick snack before heading out to the courtyard. I sat on the bench and he sat against a tree. We didn't do much or talk much. 

I watched the clouds move through the sky and I had no clue what Draco was doing. I wasn't paying attention to him. A figure had appeared in the sky and I recognized it as the owl. It dropped down two envelopes in my lap.

I looked at who they were from. One was from Theo and the other from Tracey. 

"Who are those from?" Draco asked as he leaned up from the tree. 

"Theo and Tracey," I said. I set the envelopes down deciding to read them later. 

"Theodore?" 

"Yeah, but we call him Theo," I tell him as he nods his head. We go back to that silence that's becoming a normal thing between us. I realized I hadn't checked the tree in a while and wanted to go do that.

"See ya," I say out of the blue as I swing my legs off the bench and stand up.

"Where are you going?"

"Doesn't matter."

He shrugs it off and I head for the tree.

The note on the tree today had said, 

Yeah, alright third hint is that my favorite color is red.

How's that a hint? It's not like I go around asking everyone their favorite color. I'm not even sure I knew Theo or Tracey's. 

That's not a very good hint. I know you said I don't get to ask but deal with it. Do I know you and are we friends?

I hung it back on the tree like I had many times before. I climbed up the tree this time and sat on one of the thick branches of it. I let my feet dangle, swinging them back and forth. The winter air was crisp and the black lake was half-frozen in the cold temperatures. The ice made the lake glimmer even more than usual in the sun. 

After a while of taking in the surroundings, I headed back up to the castle. Draco wasn't where I left him by the tree in the courtyard. Oh well. 

I roamed the almost empty halls trying to figure out where to go next. I had a lot of time to kill before the Christmas feast. I decided to just go back to the dorm and get ready then read the book Madame Pince gave me. 

-----

Enough time had past and it was finally time for the feast. I walked out of the dorm and headed to the Great Hall. I sat down by myself before Draco came and sat in front of me. 

"Hey," He greeted.

"Hey," I responded back. "You look cold. Where have you been?"

"Doesn't matter." He snarks.

"Ok, ok. Fair." I laugh.

Soon enough Dumbledore walks through the big double doors of the Great Hall and walks over to his podium. 

"I just wanted to say, I hope you all are enjoying your day with friends." I look to see Draco but he doesn't look back at me. "I know the Holiday's are a bit uneventful being stuck at school but we try to make it as fun as possible. I hope you all enjoy your feast. Happy Holiday's!" He raises his wand and flicks it making a row of food cascade down the long table. Each table was about 1/4 full of students each. Except for ours. A lot of people went home. 

Draco and I dug into the food and started eating. I accidentally knocked over Draco's goblet making it spill over the table. Not a drop got on him but he still acting as though he was melting.

"Oh, calm down Draco. Nothing even got on you." I laughed at him still freaking out. 

"Now look my side of the tables soaked. Good job dimwit." He scowls at me. 

"You don't have to make excuses to come to sit next to me, Dracey." I tease. He scrunched up his nose and makes a face at me which I return. 

"Never in my life."