It's Been Too Long

Derek and Stiles haven't talked like a married couple in 7 months! Seven months!
Stiles was a doctor and Derek was an 8th grade teacher.
They had gone to college together, gotten a house together, and even decided they wanted kids.
But over time, as they got so consumed with their work, they forgot about each other.
Derek felt so ashamed about the whole thing. He knew something in his marriage had to change,but he didn't know how and he was too afraid that it wouldn't be worth it. That Stiles is bored with him and doesn't want anything to do with him.
Stiles wants to change his marriage as well, but he doesn't know how to. So like Stiles always does, he researches "how to fix your marriage".
-----------------------
Derek was in the teacher's lounge alone when he heard the door open.
He then heard the door shut and the door lock.
He turned around and saw Stiles.
"Stiles?" He said in confusion.
Stiles just stood there at the door, looking at him, not saying a word.
"What are you doing here?" Derek asked.
"Your favorite color's black." Stiles said.
"Your favorite animal is a wolf...obviously." he continued.
Derek stood there still confused as to why his husband was at his school.
Stiles slowly walked towards him as he said"Your favorite food is steak and mashed potatoes. When you were little, you wanted to be a firefighter. If you could go anywhere in the world, it would be Greece. Our first date was six years ago, October 24. Our first kiss was six years ago, Halloween night. You dressed up as a vampire, I dressed up as Batman.
On our one year anniversary, we had sex for the first time...that was one of the best nights of my life. We got our first apartment two years ago in the summer. You proposed to me three years ago on our three year anniversary. We got married two years ago in front of our house." by then, Stiles was right in front of Derek, close to crying.
Derek put his hands on Stiles' shoulders,"What are you saying, babe." Derek said with worry.
Stiles softy chuckled as he heard Derek said the word "babe". It had been forever since he's said that to Stiles.
Stiles had practiced what he was going to say up to this point and now, he didn't know what to do. Tears threatened to fall, but he painfully swallowed them down as he said,"God... I'm supposed to be mad at you." he then punched Derek's shoulder.
"Babe-" Derek tried to say but Stiles cut him off saying,"No! Don't 'babe' me! I'm supposed to be mad at you. We don't talk anymore, Derek. God dammit..." Stiles was a puddle of mess by then, arms wrapped around himself, looking at the ground, crying, avoiding eye contact with Derek.
It was silent for a period of time before Derek said softly,"I know."
Stiles snapped his head up at Derek.
He continued saying,"I know we haven't been spending time together. And you're right, you should be mad at me."
"It shouldn't have gotten this far." Stiles said, still crying.
Derek wiped Stiles' tears off with his thumbs as he said,"I know. And I'm sorry."
Stiles leaned himself against a counter as Derek stepped in front of him again.
Stiles had stopped crying when he said,"What do we do now?"
Derek didn't say anything. He rose his hands up to Stiles' waist and brought his body closer to his.
Stiles wrapped his arms around Derek as his hands rested on his back.
Derek put his arms around Stiles' shoulders as they hugged as if their lives depended on it.
Stiles missed this.
The closeness. The warm body heat. The emotion. The happiness he felt every time Derek was near him. He wonders to himself how he let this go on for so long without going crazy.
"I love you." Derek whispered in his ear. Stiles whimpered at the priceless words.
"I love you. So fuckin' much." Stiles said back.
Derek's hands went up to Stiles' neck as he leaned back to look at Stiles. Derek looked at Stiles' lips as he leaned in and pressed his lips on Stiles.
Stiles' heart skipped a beat as the forgotten taste of Derek's lips had been rediscovered.
Derek gently bit Stiles' bottom lip which always drove him crazy. Stiles then turns around so that Derek was leaning on the counter as one of Stiles' hands went to the back of Derek's neck, lightly playing with his hair.
"Class starts in two minutes..." Derek said against Stiles' lips. Stiles chuckled as he looked down. He looked back up into Derek's eyes,"Okay. I'll be home...waiting."
Derek smiled before he kissed Stiles once more before Stiles sneaked out.
---------------------------
That night Derek and Stiles made slow, passionate love. Something they hadn't done in months. Stiles put his face in Derek's neck as he cried because he was feeling so much emotion and love.
"I love you, baby." Stiles said.
"I love you, too, beautiful. Forever." Derek replied softly.

The End

A/N: Okay big shouts to
@ssawesomeweirdo
@Ofmiceandmarla
@Giselle20
@Mickeyfeveredbaby
@Letloveandarrowsfly
@wolfclub1735
For reading and favoriting my chapters. You guys are awesome and in sorry I don't acknowledge that. But thank you so much😊😊