Chapter 23

I wake up to Blake rubbing my back. I groan snuggling him more. "Good morning princess," Blake says. "Good morning," I mumble.

"Sleep goo," he asks putting his phone away. "Yeah did you," I ask. He nods kissing my four head. "How are you feeling," he asks.

"Im good," I say. "I'm glad," he says. "Can I ask you something," I say. "Yeah," he says. "How old were you when you lost your virginity," I ask.

"Sixteen," he says. "How did you know you were ready," I ask. "I didn't I got drunk and screwed some chick," he says.

"To me it wasn't a big deal. To you it is which is perfectly okay," he says "I think deep down you will just know when your ready."

"I think I am but I don't know for sure," I whisper. "That's okay princess," he says "whenever you know for sure and are ready."

I nod smiling. He kisses my four head getting out of bed. "I'll be back," he says. I nod getting up and taking a shower.

I put on  a white shirt and a black skirt

I put on  a white shirt and a black skirt. I brush my hair leaving it to dry naturally. I walk out of our bedroom and into the kitchen to see Blake making pancakes.

I wrap my arms around his waist laying my head on his back. He sets down his spatula and takes my hand turning around.

"You look good," he says making me do a spin. "Thank you," I say. "You aren't gonna tell me I look good too," Brandon asks entering the kitchen.

"Nope," Blake says going back to cooking. We eat breakfast together. Blake had to leave for a gang meeting.

I plop down on the couch. Brandon sits down on the other. "So any boyfriends," he asks. "Yeah," I say. "Right sorry I'm not good at making conversation?," he says.

"Me either," I say "do you have a girlfriend." "No I'm more of a one and done kind of guy," he says. "That's gross," I mumble making him chuckle. We decide to watch tv. I put on the little mermaid.

That night

Blake is still out. Brandon and I are eating pizza and watching movies still. My phone rings and I see it's Chase.

"Hello," I say pausing the movie. "Aubrey you need to come to the hospital," Chase says. "Why," I ask standing up and heading to the door.

"Blake was shot," he says "we think he's gonna be okay it was just in his arm." "Yeah okay I'm on my way send me the address," I say hanging up.

"Someone shot Blake in the arm," I say sliding my shoes on. Brandon stand up taking my car keys from me and putting his shoes on.

Once we get to the hospital I rush to the front desk. "Blake King," I say making the lady look up "where is he."

She types in the computer "the doctor is still treating him," she says "I'll tell you when you can see him."  "Thank you," I say turning around scanning the waiting room.

I spot chase and walk to him. He stands up "what happened," I ask. "We were at the wear house and  Blake came in threw the back door and dumbass over there shot him," chase says pointing to a guy who looks terrified.

"He is in your gang," I ask chase nods. I look at the guy to see him already looking at me. I slide my bag of my shoulder throwing it in the chair.

I lung at him as hands wrap around my waist. The guy jumps back pushing one of the other men infront of him who glares at him and moves.

"Calm down Aubrey it was an accident," Brandon says. "An accident he could die and you want me to calm down," I say trying to wiggle out of his arms.

Brandon picks me up and starts walking away. "If something happens to him I will kill you," I say to the guy.

Brandon sets me down and I see we are outside. "Blake is gonna be fine Aubrey you gotta calm down," he says.

I nod calming down before we go back inside. Nobody realized we were back. "I'm not scared of her she's what 5'0 95 pounds max," the guy says laugh nobody laughs with him. "I weigh 108 and I'm 5'2," I say.

Everyone looks at me and the guy stops laughing. Thank god I put on sweatpants after lunch. I lung at him and this time nobody grabs me.

He shrieks trying to run but I trip him. He get up looking at me. "I'm sorry I was just kidding," he says. I sling my arm hitting him in the nose. "I wasn't," I say walking away. "Blake king," a nurse lady says.

We all gather around her she eyes the guy holding his nose. "Blake will be fine," she says. "Okay thanks what room," I say impatiently.

"365," she says I nod and dash down the ball to his room. I walk in to see him arguing with a nurse about leaving.

"You can't leave till the doctor says you can," she says trying to help him back into bed. "Don't touch me," he says reaching for his IV.

"No sir," I say grabbing his arm stopping him from ripping it out. He sighs leaving it alone. "I've got it," I tell the nurse. She nods leaving the room.

"Are you okay," I ask making him sit down. "Yes princess I'm perfectly okay," he says grabbing my waist. "Does it hurt," I ask wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

He leans his head against my chest. "Nope I'm on pain meds," he says pointing to the IV pouch. I nod kissing the top of his head.

"You scared me," I whisper. "I know princess but I'm okay," he says. I nod pulling away. Chase and Brandon come in with the couple of people from the gang.

That guy is still holding his nose and there blood on his hand. "Who punched Austin," Blake asks. Both chase and Brandon point at me.

He looks at me and I nod. "Which was uncalled for," Austin whines. "Uncalled for," Blake says. "You shot me in the arm and I'm sure Brandon or Chase held her back the first time and you opened your bigs ass mouth making it called for."

"Period," one of the guys whispers making me laugh. I look at Blake who is already staring at me. I smile rubbing his arm that's around my waist and doesn't have the bandage on it.

The doctor walks in. "Hello Mr.King," the doctor says "you need to stay tonight you should be able to go home tomorrow."

Blake nods "your wife can stay but everybody else has to go," the doctor says motioning to me. "We," I start. "Your heard that get the fuck out," Blake says looking at the gang.

I roll my eyes as everyone leaves except for Chase and Brandon. Chase and Brandon hug both of us before leaving.

I sit down in the hospital chair next to his bed. Blake lays back in his bed. I sigh smiling at him. "Are you hungry," I ask.

"Not really," he says shaking his head. I nod bitting my lip. He scared me. "Princess," he says. "I gotta pee I'll be back," I say getting up and going to the bathroom.

I lock the door. I use the bathroom before washing my hands. I take a deep breath and opened the door. Blake was half asleep watching. I shut of the lights sitting in the chair.