19

'I'd love to be here for as long as I could, even if I'm hurt. As long as I'm with you.'
-
Narrator

Running. Just running.
Currently yuki is running towards the hospital that Niki is currently in.
Apparently niki had a major 'asthma attack' earlier, apparently his asthma attack earlier almost killed him of how aggressive it was. which then caused Konon to immediately call Yuki.
Ofcourse she knows how important Yuki is to Niki, and vice versa.
'Niki might've even loved Yuki more than our own parents.' Konon thought.
-
'Nishimura, Riki 17' Yuki read.
She then pushed the door to enter, then encountering a few nurses and a doctor.
she then directly focused on Niki.
He looked so weak and pale.
She was super scared and worried, that her breath was getting unstable and her hands started to sweat.
"Ms. Yuki right? We'll leave you here alone with Mr. Nishimura first. If there is any problem just call us, we'll be outside." The doctor spoke, and then brought the nurses with her.
"Niki... I'm-" she walked towards Niki's bed but befofe even getting to finish her sentence she broke down on the side of his bed.
"Niki... please, please stay strong for me. You can do this okay?" She said while rubbing her hand on his.
Niki couldn't speak so he just smiled weakly and caressed her head.
"I-i'm okay yuki-" he managed to say those words before coughing which then resulted to another coughing of blood scene.
She took action and stood up and got some tissues before handing it to Niki and patting his back.
Niki couldn't hold back his falling tears and he bit his lip thinking about why the world had destined them to meet at the wrong time.
She then hugged Niki and started speaking.
"Niki I really don't want to say this but... do you think you can make it?" She paused before pulling back and looking at him.
Niki couldn't answer properly but one thing he knew already was, he isn't gonna make it.
"I w-won't m-make it-t." He forced to say before facing his head up to prevent his eyes to produce tears.
"Nooo, you're gonna make it! I promise you! You will make it!" She said trying to make him feel better.
But they both knew it was a lie to make them both not get hurt.
They've already accepted the truth, but they don't want to admit that. Because they're afraid and embarrassed of being hurt.
-
"Niki.. I just wanna say that thank you so much for being the person that made me feel all these wonderful things. You've made me feel happy, wonderful, loved, awesome and you've taught me a lot of things. Even the simplest things you do make me feel grateful that you exist. It sucks that we we're destined to meet at this shitty time, but I know for a fact that we are meant to be finally happy in our next.
I know that... you've already accepted the truth, and I myself have gotten to do so. I don't want us to be sad anymore so just think about the thought of us meeting again one day. We'll be happy right? I know we will.
You know that I love you so much, and The universe does too. And I trust the universe this time." Yuki spoke.
Konon and Yuki each had their own seperate time to speak to Niki but since Konon was his sister she went first.
'The fact that his parents aren't even here and don't even give a damn about their dying son is crap. I'm really mad at them right now.' Yuki thought earlier while waiting for Konon.
-
While Yuki and Konon we're talking outside Niki took this as an advantage to write letters. Yes letters, they we're the only thing he could do for them.
But he's put his heart and soul onto it.
For Konon it was mostly 'thank you's but for Yuki it was most likely a whole story. A beautiful yet sad story to be exact. He knew that his time had come already but he's stilk thankfuk that he had Yuki and his sister.
He smiled before finishing the letters he had made. He hugged the letters and placed them on the table beside him before lying down again.
-
"Doc! Come here!" The nurses called the doctor.
"What's the problem here?" The doctor asked.
"His oxygen pressure is getting too low and the lines on the monitor are getting really low!" The nurses hollered.
"Get the oxygen respirator now!" The doctor requested the nurses.
While Niki was there grabbing onto his shirt and bed for dear life.
He took deep breathes as he was gasping for air.
"Calm down Mr. Nishimura!" The doctor said but no use. Niki was in pure panick.
Konon and Yuki we're inside the rooms too but at the corners. They we're both holding each others hand and being nervous and both crying.
-
Niki is now kind of better.
Niki was saved by the oxygen respirators. Yuki and Konon both thanked the heavens and cried of joy.
'Does this mean Niki won't die?' Yuki thought.
'Don't get your hopes too high yuki..' she told herself once more.
Both of them we're now sitting at each side of Niki's bed comforting him.
"Niki we love you so much. We thank the universe each day you're here. I love you so much." Konon said while caressing his little brother's hair.
"But the world really hated us this much, huh?" She bitterly laughed.
Yuki bit her lip while holding Niki's left hand.
Niki then faced her and smiled weakly.
"I-i love you both so much. S-So much to the point that I-i... I don't w-wanna leave. But my time h-has come." Niki spoke while coughing here and then.
"Hey don't say that." Yuki said.
"Konon I love you so much." Niki said while taking a deep breathe.
"And you too Y-yuki I love you so much, t-that even a sentence isn't enough to d-describe i-it." Niki said smiling bitterly before taking continuous deep breathes.
The girls smiles we're slowly becoming into anxious and nervous faces.
"I should call the doctor." Konon said before rushing out.
"Y-yuki, p-please don't forget m-me.." Niki said grabbing onto both Yuki's hands.
The doctor and konon had arrived, but when konon was about to speak the doctor had shushed her.
They had known that it was already time.
Konon bit her lip to prevent her from crying too much which cause her lips to scar. The doctor and Konon we're both there at the same time with Yuki. All three knowing what was about to happen.
"T-thank y-you.." Niki said before taking in one deep breathe for the last time.
Konon then broke down to the floor along with Yuki.
"Nishimura Riki. Time of death 9:37 PM." The doctor finally announced the words that they never wanted to hear at all.
Niki was now lying there breathless and pale. Yuki then stood up to hug his lifeless body for the last time.
She hugged him tighter. Crying her heart out and lashing out.
While Konon was at the floor crying aswell getting comforted by the nurses.
"niki... why? I already mentally prepared myself for this but why... why? Why? It hurts.. so fucking much.. Why did it have to be you? You didn't deserve this!" Yuki bursted out. She kept hitting her head and grabbing her hair before falling onto the floor and sobbing.
-
"I loved you so much Niki, I know you loved me too. and that love you gave me is enough to last me a lifetime."
She spoke knowing he's not here physically but he's there in her heart.
-
CHAPTER COMPLETE
( :(( this is the last chapter btw :< also the CRASH LANDING ON YOU reference at the end hihi.)