17

Nishimura Riki

My asthma seems to be getting worse each day.
What the heck is wrong with me?
It's getting harder and harder for me to breathe each day.
I've also started to cough up more blood oftenly than before.
I can't even move nor speak.
I feel like I'm dying, but no. I won't give up. I can get through this. I'll be okay soon. Right?
-
"Riki! You've a visitor!" Konon said.
I didn't answer though, because she knew I couldn't speak well anymore.
"I'm going in Niki." A soft voice spoke.
It took me a while to realize the voice but I knew it was yuki.
"Hi Niki." She said giving me a soft smile while small tears formed in her eyes.
I couldn't help it but I wanted to cry aswell, I forced myself not to or else I'd have a more hard time breathing.
"D-don't c-cry-" I tried to speak but It made me end up gasping for air.
"Shhh. Nooo please don't speak, it's okay Niki. Speaking will hurt you." She said while rubbing my back and comforting me.
"I missed you so muh Niki. I really miss seeing you smile." She told me while smiling at me and patting my back.
I nodded and smiled back weakly.
"I really missed having you around and your goody self." She said again and starting to tear up.
I myself wanted to cry to but I can't for the sake of my breathing.
But having her around me again sort of made me feel better.
My breathing started to ease down.
I hugged her and she hugged me back.
Her warmth just immediately makes me feel happy and safe. She's the cure to this asthma. Cliché right?
But with her around I feel better.
But she's dying and I always forget the fact that she is.
I'll just cherish this happiness while it lasts.
-
CHAPTER COMPLETE