14

I want to go out

I want to go out. The one day that I actually want to go out and is the day that all my friends decide they're too busy for me. If you think by friends, I mean Isabella. You are wrong. I've cut her off, complain if you want to complain, as far as I am concerned Isabella is a person who is also friends with my friends. Not my friend. You get?

As I listlessly stared at my white ceiling, my phone started ringing.

Giovanni.

"Hello...?" Even though we've started talking again it wasn't the same. Sure sometimes we'd chill but... how do I explain this? I guess, the way he treats me is slightly different? I don't know, or maybe it was me thinking too much. With the ambiguous vibe he'd been giving me since the block party, coupled with me finally coming to terms that I was feeling him, perhaps I'm just being sensitive?

Ugh, this is why I don't do all this boy and girl thing, makes me sick.

"Yo... you home right now?" He sounded slightly distracted, he was probably driving.

"Mhmm, what's up?"

"Cool... I'm taking you out, how long are you gonna take?" Damn, okay sir!

Energy, I like that.

"Gimme, thirty minutes..?"

"One hour? Calm, I got you." I laughed but didn't bother to correct him knowing that I would probably need an hour anyway.

I sat at my vanity table and started my makeup. It usually took me an hour but I was going to have to squash it into 30 minutes. I put on some music, it was gospel but different and the same time. I liked to call it neo-gospel, it has a modern twist to it and came in different styles such as R&B, Afrobeat and pop. It was different from the usual mass choir with a strong vocalist, at times that just didn't fit my mood.

Honestly, as of late I have been struggling with my faith. With everything that's been going on whether that be at home or the Carlos situation, I honestly feel like the angry me was coming back. Even back then when I was saying that we should "leave it to God", even I was not confident it what I was saying. My business is going well, it was surprisingly way more manageable than what I had initially thought, I was my maintaining a good habit of reviewing work that I had learnt in year 12, so that was patterned too. It was just my faith left, the most important part of my life. I was kind of at a loss, not really knowing where to go from here.

It's a life and death thing, please understand.

Giovanni FaceTimed me as I added finishing touches, "I swear I've told you how I hate when people call me when I'm getting ready?" I complained as soon as I picked up, and brushed some bronzer over my cheeks. It honestly pisses me off, just text me. I feel like if I'm in a rush - which I usually am, it just slows me down.