11

It was around 8pm right now and Vanni was driving us home

It was around 8pm right now and Vanni was driving us home. We stayed and chilled with Lisa for a good two hours before we were told to leave.

Lisa, man. Everything was just so crazy. As in, she got shot, like, with a gun. I would hear about shooting here and there but to actually experience the whole sha-bang was a whole other issue. I just have to thank God for Lisa's flippant attitude. I was so glad she wasn't one of them ones to take things to heart. Imagine this girl was gassing about it, telling me how she was going to tell this story to her children. She even showed me the bullets that were retrieved from her body, and said that she was going to put them on a necklace as a 'memoir'. That girl, man... I didn't know whether to give her a firm flick on the head, or laugh.

As for Vanni, this guy was the definition of 'cool beans'. Throughout the whole issue he was chilled as if this wasn't anything to be too shook about. Must be nice, my hands were shaking like a leaf in the wind for a good hour.

I looked to my right, he leaned back leisurely in his seat while his hands rested lazily on the steering wheel. What a good form. His body screamed gym in his white t-shirt, I appreciate this. If you go to gym you should at least look like this, not like all these other man that snap themselves at gym then have nothing to show for it. Yawn, you could miss me with all of that. Not that I'd ever go gym though. No way, that's ghetto.

The ringtone of an iPhone cuts through the comfortable silence we were sitting in. Vanni's phone was ringing. I hear the slight change from his usual calm tone to a more respectful one, but I pay no mind to it and look out of the window.

"Wura." The call ends. I look at him and gesture for him to continue, "I need to go Peckham, right now. Do you mind?"

Today has been long and mentally draining, but I wasn't in the mood to go home anyway so I nod and agree. "What you doing in Peckham?"

"My older needs me for something. It won't take long, thirty minutes max." Older? I had a feeling he wasn't referring to an older from school or something. Probably some gang business, it put me slightly on edge because of everything that happened with Lisa. At the same time, I was curious to know what type of people his spent his time with.

He glanced at me and noticed my complicated expression, "Relax, them man are calm."

Peckham from Woolwich wasn't that long especially since the roads were pretty empty, it took about twenty minutes. We were going down a road with normal looking terraced houses, which was different from what I imagined, which was council flats in a worn down estate with a few random nitties. Blame Top Boy for my prejudice.

Soon we stop in front of a red brick house, it stuck out like a sore thumb and slightly fitted the imagine I had in my head. The grass in the front garden was over-growing and weedy dandelions had sprouted here and there. A cluster of about six bikes lay haphazardly around the porch. From the door that was left slightly ajar, loud Afro-swing music boomed through and resonated throughout the street.