3

I don't want to be here

I don't want to be here. I want to go home. This was all very ghetto.

Unfortunately, I was kidnapped and dragged all the way to an AP. There was alcohol, drugs and loud music booming. I think I mentioned that Isa was a social butterfly, right? She knows people everywhere and was close to half of London's population. One of her friends must have invited her to their AP in Greenwich and dragged me and the girls along with her. The girl literally didn't know how to stay at home. I was currently sitting on the edge of a couch witnessing another girl disgracing herself after losing her composure to alcohol. Yep, very ghetto. Did I already say I wanted to go home?

"Oh my days, do you know what you look like right now?" I was slightly surprised after hearing the distinct laughter of Giovanni appearing next to me. He was dressed nicely with a fresh rim in a black denim jacket, a plain white t-shirt with an iced out Cuban chain. Black, paint splattered, ripped jeans and black and white Jordan 1's. Look at the effing drip, mann!

We continued to speak on the phone almost everyday since three weeks ago and even go to the library together sometimes. He was honestly so different from the other boys I knew, he was academically smart, ambitious, wise to the point of even being able to give me advice - this was strange because out of all my friendships it was the other way round. Lastly, he could actually speak to me about Christ, we weren't on the same wavelength but I'd be able to speak and get a reply, in fact he'd be able to talk to me about things he learnt. The fact that we could speak about Christ without it feeling like I was preaching was actually quite nice.

"What?"

"You look like one of those judgemental aunties from church. Look at that screw on you face! I'm guessing this isn't your scene?" He laughed, in his right hand he held a red cup with a blue liquid inside. "Not at all, I don't even know how I got here." Honestly, I don't. This week seemed extra long and I just wanted to get out of the house. Somehow, I ended up here but I couldn't leave. Lisa's man drove us and I didn't bring my zip card or bank card to leave. Plus, if I left who would make sure that Isa and them wouldn't didn't do something dumb.

"So, what are you even doing here?"

"Isa invited Camz and the rest of us just tagged along. Training today was draining so I thought coming would loosen me up a bit. I lowkey regret it though." After speaking with him for a while now I've realised that he really was a introvert through and through. Every once in a while he'll go chill with his boys, otherwise he was at his job, training, gym or BurgerKing - he seemed to have some different type of love for fast food, he wouldn't even give it up for Basketball. However, his most frequented place would 100% be his bed.

"You tryna cut and get food?" He turned to me after drill started to play. We all know how that goes, loud boys jumping everywhere bumping and pushing everybody. I really would love to leave.

"She wants to dance with the gbg's, honey we don't dance!" Yeah, I need to leave. ASAP.

"I don't think I can trust Isa, Nic and Lisa by themselves." I looked at Isa and Lisa joining the boys to join the raving. Isa was actually slim and Lisa was short, they could literally get crushed. I felt like I was ageing just by looking at them.