5

I felt the cold temperature of my chain jump up and down against my chest under my jersey as I dribbled the ball across the court to shoot from the three pointer line

I felt the cold temperature of my chain jump up and down against my chest under my jersey as I dribbled the ball across the court to shoot from the three pointer line. It was something I was trying to improve on, I had to make it a strong point of mine if I wanted to stand out. Sav threw me another ball and I prepared to shoot another one. I played the shooting guard position which meant I specialised in what the name implied, shooting, especially from a long distance and a bit of defence.

"That's enough Giovanni, you've been going at it for nearly two hours now. Even Pierre's tired and he's just been throwing the ball. Remember-"

"Resting is part of training. I know, I just got carried away." I finish my coach, Parker's words. It was something he repeated literally every training session. How many coach's do you know that complain their players train too hard? None? Well, mine seemed to have something to say to me about it every single time. He was an ex player from an American team, he retired twenty years ago after suffering a leg injury. The same type my boy had, the same type that got him out of the game.

See, I don't play about this game, I was gonna make it. Mums, I will! It was my only way out, though it made me feel guilty to admit it.

Sweat ran down from my temples and dropped on my jersey. I felt a light burn from my arms and calf's as the adrenaline started to leave my muscles. Call me twisted but I loved it, I loved the uncomfortable warmth that spread through my muscles along with a dull ache. I loved how the pain increased with every movement I made, it made me feel like I had actually accomplished something, that the training wasn't fruitless. When I got home I'll have an ice bath, the one thing I hated about the pain. That shit hurt like a bitch. I jogged back into the changing rooms had a quick shower and changed. Manny had a game against West Ham which wasn't too far from where I was so he was coming to pick me and Sav up. My team trained in the Olympic park, perks of being in the national team I guess?

"Finally, you lot take longer than my sisters!" Manny sighed in annoyance as I slammed the passenger door behind me. "G, it's Vanni man. He would not stop, my arms are killing me man. I hate training with you for real." Sav kissed his teeth in the back. Look at this clown, complaining like some pussy. True say he wasn't even into basketball like that so I don't blame him, man said he's got into the National team for bants. He could go further if he actually committed but he was into modelling more.

"What's been going on with you though? You haven't been round ends that much." Manny gave me a look. Lewisham were my sides. I knew everyone and everyone knew me, I was about albeit a lot less now that I live in Bexley. However, right now it was for a different reason, I sigh, "I'll be real, things with Gotham are a bit hot right now." You'd think a guy like me who actually has real aspirations in life and one that comes from a good home would stay far away from road. However, the thing is somehow, one way or the other I got sucked in but I won't talk to much about that.

Manny sighed, "G, I still don't know why you roll with 15Muni. You got bigger things coming you know?" Manny shook his head. Camz, Manny and Sav were a little involved back in year nine but some shit happened and they got out. I lowkey envied them but it was the kind of thing where I had someone there that I felt obliged to ride for. Perhaps, that person wouldn't be in it if it weren't for me.