8

Mocks had finished and school was done

Mocks had finished and school was done. Enjoyment was due to begin, a local rapper was having a block party to kickstart the summer. Usually, I wouldn't be on it, but after slaving away and breaking my brain along the way for those mocks as well as everything that happened with my dad, you think I'm staying at home during summer? Loool, you must be mad! I was bout to do some hood rat things with my hood rat friends! I know you're probably thinking, what kind of Christian goes to a block party? I am also thinking of how that concerns you, as in can I not have fun anymore? As long as I don't step out of line, I'm good.

"See yeah, this summer I am for the streets. If you see me moving mad. Mind your business, okay?" Isa screamed as we got ready, us girls all met up at Nicole's house to get ready given that the block party was closer to her house. After the big argument she had with Camz, she decided to give up on him. Something that was strange for her to do since she was the CEO of being stubborn. I understood that while they had been through a lot together, the amount of stress she would have to put up because of him with was not what was good for her.

It had been a while since we had spoken with the boys, with things hostile between Camz and Isa and since I and Vanni stopped talking, the vibe would have been completely off. Even the group chat we used to have was completely dead. The only one you could say that we've seen regularly was Sav, strangely enough he would come to see Nicole from time to time and would claim that he was just "dropping by since Vanni lived close by" which was cap, Nicole lived in Woolwich which was like 20-30 minutes from Bexleyheath. Lisa also seemed to have been getting closer to Manny, I could tell she was starting to like him more than friends. I mean, she's my sis and I one hundred percent like Manny, however, she has a man, and though I don't like him she would be causing wahala for herself if she didn't end things with him... but that was none of my business.

"Your girl could never. I'm leng, period." I gassed myself after putting some highlight on. I always got like this whenever I did my makeup, which probably contributed to the reason why I was always the last one ready.

"Oh my days, Wura! The Uber's outside, can you hurry up?!" I quickly grabbed my small black bum bag and rushed outside to join them in the Uber. Today the weather was quite good, it was hot but there was also a light cool breeze. The type of heat that made you want to sleep, that type of heat. However, today my mission was to have fun, not sleep.

It took round about ten minutes to arrive at the destination, you could see girls in bicycle shorts and little white tube tops in big groups walking towards the party. Similarly, boys were dressed in the typical grey shorts, white t-shirt and Air Force 1's, yawnnnn, how basic. They still looked good though. I started getting nervous after seeing almost everyone clad in trainers, I was wearing black gladiator sandals to go with my black t-shirt dress - who wore black in summer? Me. Now suck my arse. Separately, if my feet got stepped on, me and my acrylic covered toes were finished.

Swarms off people stood in the middle of the road, the block party was located in a estate with four tall apartment buildings, and not the pretty types. I'm talking about the hood ones. There was a little park off to the left with tall iron fences and green unkept bushes, you could tell this place was scary at night.