15

I was going over to Lisa's place because her parents currently had her on complete lockdown, which is understandable considering the fact she was flipping shot with a gun that goes pew pew

I was going over to Lisa's place because her parents currently had her on complete lockdown, which is understandable considering the fact she was flipping shot with a gun that goes pew pew. In London. I'm so sorry but my suburb self cannot wrap my head around it.

"I brought snacks!" I lifted up the blue plastic bag in my hand as she opened the door. Snacks are an essential, it been our thing since forever to always bring snacks when visiting each other. No snacks no entry.

"Thank you! Imagine I'm not even allowed to go to the off license? As in, 5 minutes away from here?" She grumbled and rummaged through the bag. "Anyways what's the outside world like? Everyone's been moving weird lately."

"What do you mean?"

We went up to her room, "Like I don't know, the gc's gone quiet again. Nicole is fine, but Isa and Manny? For some reason they're avoiding me and I don't want to jump to conclusions, but they ghost at the same time... I don't need to spell it out for you to get what I'm saying." I don't say anything after letting her vent, I get why she might have these assumptions, it is a bit sus that they go m.i.a at the same time and with Lisa being at home 24\7 you can understand she probably spends her time overthinking. I genuinely don't know if I should say. But I do, because while I don't particularly like Isa right now we've been friends for like 10 years. I can't just let her make a bad decision, maybe Lisa would be able to get through to her if I can't.

"I can assure you Isa and Manny would never do that to you. As for why they're moving booky... They are planning to do something to Carlos. I don't know what but they are definitely trying to do him a lot of damage."

"What the fuck?! - I'm sorry for swearing but what the hell?!" If anyone knew Carlos it would be Lisa, and she knew he wasn't one to be played with. He was with Gotham and Gotham are the very definition of crazy and reckless. They react to even the slightest provocation with violence. Even if the boys could hack it, we suburb babes cannot.

"How could they be so stupid? Especially, Isa! Carlos won't have it! And you know he's boys are always looking to get active!"

"What if he goes looking for me? He knows where I live!" Her eyes darted around as she started to panic. My heart ached as I watched her, she behaved so nonchalant about the shooting but she was actually a victim of an abusive relationship. Some of us think it could never happen to one of us but for the first time I was witnessing the after effects of one right in front of me in a person I considered a sister.

At this moment I was almost in agreement with Isa's decision. The fact that he could reduce Lisa, miss confident and fun, to such a timid state at just the thought of him showing up speak volumes of what she suffered in silence. I felt another wave of guilt after recalling how I dismissed the signs as none of my business. At the same time, I wished him nothing but pain, who was he to dare to make her feel unsafe in her own home?

"Calm down. He ain't coming for you. I'll ask Vanni on what I could do to make you more comfortable. In fact I could go book us a hotel for a little while if your parents would allow it, we could go for brunch or spa or something." I'd made a surprising amount of money from my little side hustle thing I had going on, I could afford it. It's the least I could do to make her feel even a little more comfortable.

"Nah, I don't want you spending money on me." She took a deep breath and shook her head, as if to disperse any thoughts she had about Carlos. "I'm tough, if anyone could handle him. It's me. I'll deffo be talking to Isabella though..." I don't say anything to that knowing nothing I could say would truly comfort her. This was my fault.

"Urghhh, I don't want to think about it." She knocks her head back and groans, "Tell me, what else has been going on? What else have I missed?" I try to ignore the turning of my stomach as guilt gnaws at my mind.