2

It was currently 7pm, I literally came home nearly two hours ago but was already getting straight to work

It was currently 7pm, I literally came home nearly two hours ago but was already getting straight to work. It was honestly so draining at times, coming straight from school only to do more work when I get home. I haven't even eaten yet, but who was there to complain to? I know in the end all the work I put in would be worth it. A levels really aren't a joke. No, in fact sixth form was not a joke as a whole. As in, I only have one to three lessons a day but I get more drained than I was in secondary school. I finish school at 4 to get home between 5 and 6, then on top of that I still have to get work done.

I had just finished doing some reviewing of my sociology lesson today and was finally having a break. Hopefully, my dad won't call me away to do some chores, because I know full well my brother is free upstairs probably chatting to some girl. I quickly prepared some Indomie to quickly eat then sat down to watch some YouTube. I switch on my phone to see an iMessage from a +44, it was sent about twelve minutes ago.  It read, [Yo, it's Giovanni.] I'm thinking who's Giovanni? Then I clock it's Vanni from two weeks ago. I quickly saved his number then replied:

Wura: [Oh hey! How are you?] It didn't take take long for him to reply.

Vanni: [I'm good, sorry it too so long to get back to you. I've been a bit busy.]

Wura: [It's not that deep, it's calm. Can I ask with what?] It really wasn't an issue, I had even forgotten about it. I probably wouldn't have remembered it if he didn't mention it. At the very least, it was nice to know he was polite enough to apologise, all the boys I knew from school acted like they were a blessing to humanity, more time they were making innocent people go broke with all the fraud they banged on a daily basis. Bye!

Vanni: [I do basketball and I'm tryna go pro so, the grind really doesn't stop when you have all those competitors from America that have more rep than you. When I did have a bit of free time, I had to go for my part-time at my dads shop. And of course school.] Eshh, and I thought I was busy. It was quite interesting to find out that he did basketball but I can't say I was surprised, no joke this guy was probably 6'5. I was also quite pleasantly surprised that he typed properly, most the boys I knew type as if they hadn't been in full time education for thirteen years.

Vanni: [In fact, lemme call you. This typing thing is long.] I wasn't nit picky about who called me as long as it wasn't for anything unnecessary and right now I had free time. After I gave my confirmation he soon called my phone. "Yo." I've already mentioned that his voice was deep right? Well lemme reiterate, his voice was flipping deep!

"Hey, tell me more about this basketball thing you got going on." I was genuinely interested, most boys were into football, I never used to hear about basketball. Perhaps people here didn't really find it realistic given that the hotspot for the sport was in the USA.

"Um, I guess my boy got me into it, so I've been playing for about five - five, six years? Something like that. I think I've been successful so far because I've gone for games around Europe and I got into the National U17 team, so every week I go for training twice, I'm just trying to get a scholarship by December." Y'all did he just say national U17s team? Let me not lie, when he said he was trying to go pro, I didn't think he would be this accomplished. I really might be talking to a future professional basketball player.