Chapter 23- The Bloody Crown

3rd Person P.O.V.

Marcel paces around his loft in a panic. Jessica had told him to get control of the group but that's a hard thing to do. Klaus Mikaelson isn't exactly subtle and his enemies are just as wild as he is. He knew that Jess would be pissed when she found out what he did but he didn't have a choice. If he hadn't bit the other Mikaelson siblings they would've revolted and went after Klaus themselves. Of course, now that he has the time to think he can realize that the only person besides Jessica with the ability to kill them is him but he panicked.

He finally takes a breath and calls Jessica, knowing she needs the time to get back here before they actually die. As soon as the call rings once it goes straight to voicemail and he lets out a sigh of relief. That means that she must already be on the plane on her way back which means that she doesn't know yet. Great, he still has time to make it right but first, he needs to calm the masses. He takes a deep breath and goes to set up the next step in his and Jessica's plan.

Meanwhile, at Lucien's apartment where the Mikaelsons had taken refuge after Freya was poisoned so as to find a cure, something they were unsuccessful at, Meredith sits on the couch cleaning the sweat off of Elijah's head as Davina does the same for Kol. "Where is Jessica?" Henrik worries, just having gotten his memory and brothers back and not exactly keen to lose them again. Meredith opens her mouth to speak only to find that Klaus and Rebekah are no longer in the room.

"Hayley, can you help out with Elijah?" She quickly questions and Hayley nods as she switches spots with Meredith. Meredith walks into the next room to hear Klaus speak.

"He wants me. If I go there he will leave you all alone."

"And what about Jessica? Hope? The twins? You just plan to leave all of them to head out on a suicide mission when we merely need to wait for Jessica to come back and save us all. She will take down Marcel and all the others. You just have to wait."

"Rebekah-"

"Do not patronize me, Nik. I know what is happening. I know that you did not wish Marcel dead. I know that even now as our brothers lay dying, you seek a way that he will make it out alive, even if it means that you parish. I know that you are furious at Elijah for killing him but he betrayed us. He almost killed Jessica and your children with her and now he has gone after our siblings. I will go. We both know that he would never physically hurt me."

"You hope! Rebekah, you seem to think that this is a democracy but it is not. It is a dictatorship and I will do what I have to save my family. Jessica and the twins have Damon. Hope has Hayley and Jackson and you all have each other."

"If you go and they kill you, Jessica will be devastated," Meredith finally speaks up, causing the siblings to turn to the new presence they hadn't even noticed. "You know that I don't like you. That isn't exactly a secret but I see the way my sister looks at you. She may look at Damon the same way but if you die that will shake her world. You saw her after Miranda and Grayson died. You helped put her back together but even then she almost didn't survive. Do you honestly believe that she would survive this?"

"Jessica is strong-"

"People can only be strong for so long, Klaus!" Rebekah and Klaus both flinch at the familiar shout that they had never heard from this particular doppelgänger before Rebekah has an idea.

"What if we find a way to ensure that he doesn't kill you?"

"What do you mean Rebekah?"

"Marcel wants blood right? So we give him blood but we convince him of a fate worse than death. The family is safe, your new-found martyr complex is satisfied, and Jessica will swoop in to save the day."