Chapter 35- To Win A War

3rd Person P.O.V.

Damon felt it instantly when Klaus died. It felt like a part of him died as well but maybe that was because a part of him was. The part of him that was a werewolf and a witch came from his link with Klaus and now that he was dead, so was that power. Despite no longer being a wolf, Damon still felt the mate bond that he shared with Klaus through Jessica. When the two originally offered to link themselves to her back in Beacon Hills, she had warned them of the dire consequences if she were to die but neither one of them truly understood it.

Damon understood it now. It was like someone had reached into his body and carved out a part of his soul. He longed for his magic so he could attempt to bring Klaus back. That's when it hit him. He had the power to bring him back when he was a witch because of his bond with Jessica, so why the hell wasn't she? "Jess?" He asks, after rushing to the courtyard along with everyone else in the compound after hearing her sobbing. She wasn't sobbing now, however, and Damon was hoping she knew something he didn't.

"What?" She answers in a calm voice as if she hadn't been sobbing mere seconds earlier after watching one of the men she loves die in front of her. Meredith is the first to figure out what she had done. Her gasp makes everyone's head turn to her. Everyone includes Elijah, Damon, Jenna, Katherine, Cami, and Sean.

"What is it, darling?" Elijah questions his beloved.

"She's turned it off," she whispers.

"No, Jessica wouldn't do that," Sean states, drawing Jessica, Damon, and Katherine's attention.

"Who the hell are you?" Katherine demands, hiding her worry for Jessica after she had recently put her faith into Katherine, something no one had done in a long time.

"That's Sean O'Connell," Jessica informs her with a frown. "You're supposed to be dead, so why aren't you?" She ponders this before her face lights with recognition. "Nik's letter," she answers her own question.

"What letter?" Damon wonders.

"When you and Nik got out of the maze the first time, he interfered. He realized that some things in life had to happen, they were set in stone. One of those instances was the death of my parents. Them dying set off a chain of events that lead Elena and me to who we are today. Sean didn't have to die. He died because he didn't want to tell me what was wrong and I didn't want to take him from peace to bring him back."

"So Klaus wrote you a letter? How would that help?" Katherine points out and Jessica rolls her eyes.

"They got thrown into the past, before I had even met Sean, and Klaus put the letter in the jacket he knew I would wear to the sacrifice. I found it when I got to New Orleans and didn't even know who Sean was until I came into the compound and met him while he talked to Marcel and Thierry with Kieran."

Damon sighs in frustration. "Great, we've solved the mystery of Sean's resurrection. Now, why don't you bring back Klaus?"

"What's the point? He's dead and sometimes what's dead should stay dead. He's killed thousands of people. Perhaps it's about time that he dies."

"Jessica, you don't mean that," Cami tells her but Jessica just chuckles.

"Of course I do, Camille. The council just declared war. We can't be worried about bringing people back to life when we have a war to win. The prophecy foretold that I would change through death. I turned off my humanity to think more clearly after Nik's death which was the council's act that would normally make me want revenge. Now all I have to do is unite the species which can't be that hard. Let's get some sleep. We have loads of work to do," she commands before walking away.