Chapter 5- Meet The Strix

Jessica's P.O.V.

After we got back to New Orleans, I went up to my room and refused to leave. Eventually, Damon and Meredith arrived and I explained the situation and that I was worried that Klaus would leave me for Aurora. I was scared that if he had the choice, he would choose her over me and I couldn't even blame him because most of our memories were made after he became a vampire and had Aurora never left him, he'd probably still be with her to this day and Elena would've died in the sacrifice and she would be dead. "I'm being ridiculous aren't I? I sound crazy," I sigh.

"Yes, you are," Damon agrees at the same time that Meredith refutes it.

"No. They're well found worries." They both glare at each other before my twin turns to me. "You're worried. I get it but look at Elijah and I. There's a lot of things that could keep us apart, he even cheated on me with Hayley but there's something you need to understand about you and Klaus. You're damaged. There's no other way to put it. You've felt the abandonment of growing up in a world where you couldn't even remember who you were.

"You thought your parents were dead or deadbeats and that life is warring with the one that had a good childhood and won Miss Mystic Falls but even she was damaged. You watched your parents die for months and then lived the experience. You felt that guilt for years and you have abandonment issues as a result of those two lives colliding. Klaus fears never being good enough because that's what Mikael beat into him for years. He feels abandoned by all of his family because he's not their full sibling and he used to dagger them to prevent them from leaving but look at how far he has come.

Hayley is living in an apartment with Hope. Sure it's only across the street but that's a big step because he just agreed. He's letting Marcel and Rebekah be happy. Kol is barely ever here because he's helping Davina out as regent and he's not even paranoid that they're plotting. He's living under the same roof as Mikael and I've never seen him lose sleep until last night.

"As worried as you are, Klaus knows a good thing when he sees it because he's seen his life without you. I asked Elijah what it was like after Lucien was turned and he said that Klaus and Lucien would tear people apart and Aurora saw this and begged to become like him before tricking Rebekah into it. She wanted him to be his worse self and teach her to be the same. You make him a better person and you don't even try. That's why he will always choose you. I promise."

I look at my sister with tears in my eyes. It's no secret that she isn't Klaus's biggest fan. She hates the destruction he causes but he's my boyfriend and Elijah's brother so she tolerates him. That's why having her advocate for him is such a big deal. "Thank you, Mer. You always know what to say." She smiles before hugging me and telling me that she's off to spend time with Elijah.

"Is it just me or is she spending way to much time with the noble original to not be hiding something?" I let out a laugh before nodding in agreement before his face becomes serious and he focuses on my eyes. "She's right, you know? All three of us are damaged, it's why we're so drawn together. Take away Giuseppe's abuse and I'm still left with my major abandonment issues from you leaving me and then Katherine choosing Stefan. The reason that I kissed Katherine when she came back was because of that, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"At first, I thought that I might actually love Katherine. I knew that I loved you but maybe I was only convincing myself that it was stronger because I didn't want to get hurt and I didn't want to hurt you as a result. Then, after I kissed her, I was worried that you would abandon me. I knew that you left because Stefan kissed you but I was worried that you would realize that you had your whole life ahead of you and that one day, you would grow old and I would stay the same.