Chapter 54 (plus tracks)

Hello guys :) Below is the list of songs that Ashton had put into the mixtape for Victoria in case you were wondering :) I hope you'd all like it. If you haven't listened to any of them, go ahead and plug in those earphones and get lost in the music :)

1. Home - Gabrielle Aplin
2. Kiss Me Slowly - Parachute
3. Forever and Always - Parachute
4. Always in My Head - Coldplay
5. Let Me In - Grouplove
6. Endlessly - The Cab
7. Never Stop (Wedding Version) - Safety Suit
8. Goodnight Moon - Go Radio
9. Photograph - Ed Sheeran
10. Give Up the Ghost - Rosi Golan
11. XO - John Mayer
12. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
13. Once in a Lifetime - Landon Austin
14. Far Away - Nickelback
15. Never Let Me Go - Florence and the Machine
16. Hazy - Rosi Golan ft. William Fitzsimmons
17. Work Song - Hozier
18. Love Me - National Product
19. Cinderella - Colton Avery
20. Rainy Zurich - The Fray

----

VICTORIA'S POV

It was seven in the morning and the first thing that occurred to me was what I found out last night. Sleep may had granted me temporary escape but now that I was awake, there was no turning back from this daunting truth about our family.

I walked to William's room down the hallway and knocked softly on his door. When he didn't answer, I opened the door and peeked inside. William was seated on the edge of his bed, folding clothes and placing them inside his luggage.

"Where are you going?" I asked from the doorway.

William looked at me with shame and sadness in his eyes. He smiled but it didn't quite qualify for one. "I...I don't know where but I do know one thing. I've destroyed this family, that's for sure." He dropped the last shirt on his luggage and buried his face in his hands.

I hated seeing anybody cry and as much as knowing the truth pained me, I wondered what it must've felt like in William's part. I sat beside him and rubbed his back. "None of this is your fault, William. I made you do it. I'm the one to blame, not you."

"No, it's my fault, Victoria," William said but it came out a bit muffled. "I'm sorry." He kept apologizing over and over.

"I shouldn't have pressed you into doing it," I mumbled, realizing something. "I should've known. But I didn't. Why didn't I ever think about the possibility of the two of them having a child? It's not like it's far from happening. I should've known."

"You couldn't have known," William said, looking at me. "Even I was surprised. Stop blaming yourself." He was about to reach down and close his luggage when I stopped him.

"You are not going anywhere, William," I said, grabbing his arm. I knew that this search brought this shocking discovery to me but the main purpose of this whole arrangement between the two of us hadn't been fulfilled yet. We still had a lot to do. "I'm not allowing you to go. Even though the time comes when we're done with all of this, you're never going to leave. I won't allow it."

William sighed and looked at me. I stared him down and soon, he gave in. He began to unpack his things and he sat down on the bed once more. "Looks like there's no escape for me." He smiled and then his expression got serious again. "Victoria, what are we going to do?"

As soon as he asked, I remembered that I still had to deal with the fact that Violet was my half-sister. But thinking about it now, I felt nothing. Like nothing had changed. I was overwhelmed last night, true. But I didn't think it would change the way I'd treat Violet. I might know that we're not of the same father, but would I act differently towards her? I would still be the same towards her, full-blooded Hale or not. There was just one thing I was thinking about. "I'm thinking about talking to my mom but...things might get messed up."