Chapter 72

NIALL'S POV

Right before my alarm went off, I woke up. It was just six in the morning but I got up before I was tempted to go back to sleep again. It's been a rough week for all of us and I wanted to cheer everyone up with a good breakfast.

Pancakes were too generic. Omelettes too. What would I cook for the lads then?

I made my way to the kitchen and I was surprised to find Louis slumped over the counter. He was passed out and there were six beer bottles strewn around him.

I walked briskly back to the hallway of bedrooms and began to wake the others.

"Lads," I said, pounding my fist on their doors.

"What?" Harry asked, half-asleep.

Zayn and Liam opened their doors.

"Lads, we have a problem," I announced.

"What seems to be the problem?" Zayn asked. I knew he didn't like to wake up early but I had to let them know.

"It's Louis," I said.

Immediately, they snapped out of their sleepy states and followed me as I rushed towards the kitchen. Liam and Zayn helped Louis out while Harry cleared the counter, disposing of the bottles.

"This is bad," I said. "He's got a chemistry exam in an hour and a half. He can't take that with a hangover."

"Louis," Liam woke Louis, tapping his cheek. "Louis, wake up."

After a few seconds, Louis woke up but his eyes were bloodshot. Zayn and Liam supported him on the chair so he wouldn't fall.

"Oh, hey lads," Louis said. His face contorted in pain. There's the hangover. "Mind getting me a paracetamol? This headache's splitting my brain."

"Where is it?" Harry asked.

"In the cupboard above the sink," Louis answered and ran a hand through his hair.

"Let's get him in the shower," Liam said after Louis drank the paracetamol.

Liam and Zayn set Louis down on the bathtub and stepped out of the bathroom for a moment.

"I didn't know he'd be drinking last night," Harry said. "I thought he was just going out for a walk."

We talked in hushed tones so Louis wouldn't hear us.

"He's been coming home late this whole week," Liam stated. "This cannot continue."

"Did anyone notice when he came back?" Zayn inquired, looking at each of us.

We just shook our heads.

The lads and I walked back inside the bathroom and it was Liam who turned on the shower.

"Oh shit! That's cold!" Louis said, his eyes snapping open as soon as the water hit him. "Don't we have a water heater? Didn't we pay for that?"

"Louis," I began. "Why did you-"

Liam placed a hand on my arm and shook his head, telling me that this wasn't the time to reprimand Louis. "Louis, can you take that chemistry exam today?"

Louis rested on the bathtub, not caring if his clothes got soaked. "Of course I can. I'm a genius."

The lads and I exchanged glances. We thought that it would be all right to leave Louis for now. Maybe when we all got home tonight, we'd talk to him.

I walked with Harry and Zayn back to the kitchen. They cleared the counter while I went to make them some breakfast. Liam stayed behind to look after Louis just in case he needed some help.