Chapter 1

Sometimes, endings could be good. We don't want to say our goodbyes to things we held close for so long, but maybe a goodbye is needed for us to say hello to the new. Or on the other hand, are goodbyes really necessary?

I walked around my room, frantically looking for my graduation cap and toga. This wasn't good. I couldn't even find the invitation to the ceremony. After tossing my things over, I found what I was looking for. My room's a mess, but right now, I should be going downstairs already.

There's a knock on my door and Ms. Simmons, our head governess, walked in, carrying an off-white dress. She laid it out on my bed and I was amazed at the gold accents and intricate lacework on it. "Marchesa. An early gift from your mother." I was glad for it, but at the same time sad, because a dress couldn't replace a mother's presence. "Let's put this on and head downstairs, okay?"

I changed out of my shirt and shorts and wore the dress. Ms. Simmons zipped the back and it fit perfectly, not too loose, not too tight. She dabbed a few colors on my face, thinking I was a bit pale then took me downstairs.

At the loft before the stairs, I heard voices below at the living room. I recognized those voices so I ran down, ignoring Ms. Simmons' protests and precautions. I reached the ground floor, breathless and giddy with excitement.

"There's our little lady!" Niall said, pointing to me as he and the boys stood up and cheered.

I walked to them, couldn't quite believe that they're here. It was just last week when we joked about going to graduation together and now, they just did make it come true.

All five of them were wearing off-white tops, matching mine.

"Our chief's looking great today, isn't she?" Harry said as he twirled me around and he giggled.

"She definitely is," Louis said, nodding.

"Touché," Liam said and Zayn agreed.

"Now, who'll be driving?" Ms. Simmons asked. As she spoke, the boys fell silent. It was quite amusing, actually, to see them still uneasy around Ms. Simmons after all these years. Ms. Simmons knew this and she delighted in this, but she still played her stern-on-the-outside-but-soft-on-the-inside card.

"I am, ma'am," Louis answered, raising his hand up a bit and he glanced at me nervously.

Ms. Simmons walked us to the car and soon, we were heading to St. Bartholomew, our school.

We reached St. B, as we'd called our school for short, in fifteen minutes.

"All right, here we are," Louis said, turning off the engine.

We got out of the car and made our way to our building.

"Your speech, do you have it with you?" Liam asked as he walked beside me, fixing his collar.

"Yes, Dad," I said.

Liam laughed a little and then he nodded. Liam's the most thoughtful and generous and considerate. Very much like a father because he always made sure that we're all okay. When I first call him Dad which was about three years ago, he looked at me with wide eyes. Now, he'd gotten used to that and I was the only one who called him that.

We walked up the front steps of the high school building. A lot of memories had been made here on these steps. Sitting waiting for the bell to ring, cramming home works, reports, and projects, copying notes, eating Niall's rations, and so much more.

"Wait," Louis said, holding out both of his arms, stopping us. "Soak it in." He closed his eyes and breathed in. Louis could be dramatic sometimes, aside from being so jolly and upbeat most of the time. If there's was anybody who could jump from down to high-spirits in a matter of seconds, it would be him.