Chapter 66

VICTORIA'S POV

I was struggling to stay awake because the moment Gabriel left at three this morning, I went straight to William's room and woke him up. The adrenaline never left me as I showed William the documents Gabriel brought to me. William lost his drowsiness and became fully awake as he studied the files. When he was done, he returned to sleep, more contented than ever.

As for me, sleep didn't visit me at all. After tossing and turning, I gave up and just went back to my book.

Now that the high had left me, I was doing my best not to fall asleep as William and I waited for Tom and Ashton to arrive. Once again, we all agreed to meet up in the club where William and Tom usually met to discuss things about the investigation.

"I wonder what Dad will say if he finds out I'm in the club right now," I asked as I rested my head against the headboard of the bed of the room here in the private wing.

"These secret meetings make us frequent this place," William said. "What would Oliver Hale say about his daughter, huh?"

Every time we went here, I tried my best to hide my face. I didn't want anyone to recognize me. With the number of people coming to this place, I was confident that nobody really remembered me.

William told me to get some shut-eye so I happily did.

I had been sleeping for about fifteen minutes when I heard a faint knock on the door. It roused me but I didn't mind opening my eyes, knowing that William would get it.

"Sorry we're late," a voice said.

I felt the space beside me on the bed sink under a weight.

"Did she have too much to drink?" another voice spoke in a joking manner.

"Three tequilas knocked her out," I recognized this one as William's. "Just kidding. She's just sleepy."

I opened my eyes and saw Ashton looking down at me.

"Hello, Princess," Ashton said and pinched my nose.

I weakly waved at him as I sleepily sat up and through heavy eyes, I saw that William was already talking to Tom on the couch.

Tom turned his attention to me and Ashton sitting on the bed. "William! The kids are alone on the bed!"

William looked at us and he just rolled his eyes, dismissing whatever Tom was fussing about. "Calm down, Tom. It's not like they're-"

"All right, I'm up," I said, getting up and walking to the couch. I heard Ashton laugh and soon, we joined William and Tom in their discussion.

William and I first showed Tom and Ashton the documents. We had them take a look at it and then we connected the information of the papers one after the other. I looked at Tom and Ashton and they seemed to be more alive. Anybody standing in their place would sure be.

"Gotcha, Richard," Tom said as he looked at the sheets in front of him.

"This is great news," Ashton said. "Even Sheridan's account is here."

William nodded. "Everything was a cover-up. This is the real deal."

William and Tom ordered some room service for us and once again, hookers attempted to take the boys' attention.

"I told you ladies," Tom kindly said, placing a hand on William's shoulder. "My pumpkin would be angry if I looked at another."

"All right," the woman said and made her way to Ashton, putting on a seductive look as she did so.