Chapter 49

VICTORIA'S POV

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light," Liam sang as he paced around and he kind of reminded me of Michael Bublé.

"Niall," Louis said, walking around the kitchen of their dorm unit in his favorite white lab coat and glasses. "What are you getting me for my birthday?" Louis had been asking us that question ever since breakfast this morning. His birthday was in a week which means Christmas was nearing as well.

"Nothing," Niall absent-mindedly said as he and Zayn focused on the assignment I gave them. The two had confirmed that Alpha Phi Omega was indeed Sheridan's college fraternity and both boys knew a bit about the notorious organization. The assailants had masks but we had their van's license plate. Niall had connections and they're working on that right now.

It's been four days since the incident happened. Yesterday, Ashton was released from the hospital and he went back to his apartment. Ashton and his friends weren't going anywhere for the winter break. Luke, Calum, and Michael were staying with Ashton for the rest of the vacation. Ashton could walk fine, but his upper body was the one he's having difficulty with. He still couldn't move much so Louis secretly sent for a physical therapist who visited him everyday. Well, I had a strong feeling Ashton knew it was Louis, he's just not mentioning anything.

"What?" Louis said and pouted. "I knew it. I knew it a long time that you guys don't love me anymore." He walked into the living room where Zayn, Niall, and I were staying and Louis pretended to faint and fell to the floor.

"Get your arse up, Lou," Harry said as he walked into the living room in just his bathrobe. What was with this boy? It was freezing. Harry nudged a pretending-to-be unconscious Louis on the floor with his foot.

"Harry," I said. "Please put some warm clothes on. Do you want to freeze to death?"

Harry smirked. "That wouldn't happen. I'm smoking."

Louis got up and sat beside me, resting his head on my shoulder. "I highly doubt that."

"I showered in hot water," Harry said and shook his damp hair at us, sprinkling water everywhere before going to the kitchen where Liam was enjoying a hot cup of tea.

"Chief," Zayn said and scooted closer to me, handing his laptop to me. "The van the assailants used belongs to a person named Marcus Gibson. And when we did a background check on this Marcus guy, we found that he's indeed part of Alpha Phi Omega." Zayn let me read the rest of what he found.

"He's just a few years older than us," Louis said as he read the information on Marcus Gibson with me.

"This is great guys. But how would we know we got the right people?" I asked.

"Yeah," Louis said. "How would we know?"

"Alpha Phi Omega is one classy frat, lad," Niall said. He showed us a picture of the tattoo that I sent. "See this tattoo?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I said, taking the picture in my hands. "It's plain Greek letters."

"Plain Greek letters, yes," Niall said. "But this is how the system works." Niall held up five fingers. "In the Alpha Phi Omega, there are five classes of people. Class A, Class B, C, D, and E. Class E is the lowest in the hierarchy, new recruits. Then these recruits progress to Class D, C, and B until they reach Class A, where they become full-fledged members."

"Now, as I said," Niall continued. "Alpha Phi Omega doesn't just let anyone join their fraternity. They're the ones who choose who they want to be in their organization. Very select few." He took out more pictures of what seemed like tattoos. "Even at Class E, Alpha Phi brands their recruits. See? It's the same one you saw, Chief. In Class E, there are only the Greek letters."