17 - Goodbye

tw: suicide, death, blood

a6d POV

~

"Technoblade put the knife down!" I command.

He doesn't say or do anything, he just stares at me with the knife pressed against his neck. His hands have a strong grip on the handle. I attempt to talk him out of it again.

"Techno, please put it down!"

"Why should I?" He whispers shakily, "Why the hell should I not kill myself after what I've done?"

I start, "Because-"

"Why the fuck should I not kill myself after so many people just treated me like nothing? Why the fuck should I not kill myself after killing your best friend? After I literally forced Skeppy to take Bad's life in front of his eyes and traumatized him for life?! WHY SHOULD I NOT FUCKING KILL MYSELF IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES, SO YOU CAN FEEL THE PAIN SKEPPY EXPERIENCED?!"

I gasp at his words. He digs the knife deeper into his skin and clenches his fists. I finally speak.

"...Because I care about you."

"...What? A-aren't you angry t-that I killed Bad?"

"I am. I truly am, but no one is truly evil. People can still find a good in their hearts."

He laughs, "That's bullshit."

"No, it is not."

"Don't you realize how this modern society is? There's murder, attacks, all kinds of evil things, and you're saying people can still find a good in their hearts after all kinds of people do these kinds of horrible actions to other people?!"

"Those people who do those things led themselves to do evil actions, and they do not truly listen to their hearts. Their hearts lead them to do good, but they refuse and instead listen to their mind. The heart is stronger than the mind."

Techno squeezes his hands into a fist. His hand shakes as I finish talking. "Then what's your damn point?"

"I'm saying you shouldn't kill yourself after doing all of this. After forming a gang to target us, and killing BadBoyHalo. So please, put the knife down, and I can help you. I've felt this way before, and so I gave it some time, and now I'm doing better. And so you have to do the same I did."

Techno gasps at my words. He stares at me, wide-eyed. I continue, determination filling me.

"I swear. I swear at the bottom of my heart, everything will get better. You just have to believe me."

He stays silent and stares at me. His hands are slightly relaxed, but he still has the knife on his throat. He looks down with a saddened expression. He looks up at me again.

"a6d... Do you regret... Meeting me?"

"Why would I? Because you committed a murder?"

"...Yeah. I know you hate me. You can stop lying. You c-can just spit out everything you hate a-about... me." His voice cracks slightly.

"I don't hate you. I care about you. Sure, we're not friends anymore, but that doesn't mean I hate you."

We stay silent for a few minutes. The gun is to my side, and Techno's knife is still on his neck, but just hovering over it. His hands are relaxed. I don't want him like this. I don't want him to take his own life, or I'll never forgive myself. I still remember the day we met at school that day.