Dream Chapter? Part Three

tw: blood, death, gore, limb loss

a6d POV

~

I stare at Dream, my emotionless eyes observing him. Dream looks back at me in fear, his body shivering slightly. I frown. We stay in our stance, unmoving. He moves his shield slightly, but I inch my blade closer to his face. Dream gulps. 

He manages to stutter out a sentence, "a6d, t-this is a misunderstanding-"

"What's there to not understand about?! All I've had an interaction with within these shitty dreams are my friends trying to fucking murder me! Do you think I'm dumb enough to not know your plan?!" I shout.

I quickly swing my blade toward Dream's neck. He blocks quickly with his shield. He backs up but I don't let him escape. I try to attack him by swinging my sword at him. He blocks and dodges.

"D-damn it-! a6d, don't make me do this..." Dream groans.

I stop, "What are you going to do to me, huh? Gonna stab me? Break my arm? Give it, I can handle it! I almost fucking died back with my fight with Skeppy, so I'm prepared!" I gasp out.

"Hm. Alright then," He smiles.

Four transparent green walls surround and enclose me. I see that I'm trapped in his shields he made. I bang on the walls and try to break them. He sighs and grabs my scythe through the wall. He lays it to his side and looks at me.

"Dream... What are you planning?" I whisper.

He sighs, "a6d, listen to me. I am not your enemy. I am here to save you. Do you see some kind of pattern when you enter these dreams?"

I think about the dreams I had and shake my head. It was all endless fighting and bloodshed.

"Think about the people you have fought. Think about their actions outside of these dreams. Now think about mine. Have I hurt you? Have I been kind to you? Have the others hurt you? Think about it."

I stare at the ground and think about Dream's words. I don't recall him hurting me in any way. A sad expression lays on my face for some reason. I hold my head in my hands. I think of the pattern. Skeppy and Technoblade hurt me and I fought them, but Dream has not hurt me, and he says he will save me. It finally snaps. I gasp and look up at Dream, still staring at me. 

"...Are the reasons I have to fight in these dreams... is to bear the pain from friends that have hurt me...? 

He nods, "You defeat your enemies to bear with the pain from your friends. I am here to save you."

I gasp in shock. I finally know the meaning of these dreams. I collapse to the ground. Silent tears fall from my cheek. I wipe my cheek, "Eh? Why am I crying... for something so damn silly?" 

Dream does a sad smile at me. He kneels toward me and the green shields around me disappear. He hugs me and wipes my tears, "You're in pain. I can feel it. Your heart has turned black with grief. It hurts me that you're in pain. I-I don't want you to hurt anymore. I want to protect y-you as a friend should. I'm sorry. I'm s-sorry I wasn't there for you, a6d." I feel hot tears drip down his face. I hug him tightly and we both cry on each other's shoulders.

We both went through so much emotional and physical pain. He pulls back from the hug and we calm down. He gets up and grabs my hand. I get up and squeeze his hand.

Dream speaks, "I know a way how to get out of here. I made a barrier that's surrounding us right now."

"Why would you need to make a barrier?"