Chapter 17 (edited)

Start from the beginning

Before he was continuing his answer,Hala cut him off.

Hala:My dear Ash,are you interested why the island challenge was start many years ago?You see it wasn't simply to make trainers stronger in battle,it was raised to young people in a way that they will love and protect the islands of the alola as well as many people and pokemon who inhabit it.

You:So you want us to find out how to solve the problem that doesn't require battling?

You ask as Hala smiled.

Hala:Your a fast catcher even if your the champion.But we'll talk about the Z-crystal after hearing two of you come up with.

Ash stare at the ceiling in thought as you look back from the ground again until Kukui broke the silence.

Kukui:During my trial,I spent a long time thinking about Hala's question.

This made you and Ash look at him in shock.

Ash:During your trial?!

He yelled in surprise as Hala and mew who is in your bag chuckled at you both reaction.

Kukui:Yeah.

Hala:Food for thought huh?Instead of rushing through things and answering right away,why not take your time and think it over.

He said leaving Ash mull over the question.

Timeskip

It is time for school as you and Lilie are taking care of your both eggs.One for Lillie which is a white with flower spots,and yours was a blue and sky blue color egg and a green with leaf patterns.Its been so long and you train your rowlet and rockruff which they fully evolve into Decidueye and Lycanrock midnight form.

Mallow:I have to say,you're handling the egg with confidence.I can't believe you also have to eggs Y/N.

She complimented you both.

Lilie:I wish I could agree,but I'm always afraid that I'll drop it.Doesn't sound confident to me.

You patted Lillie's back and said.

You:Don't worry there is still time that you can touch pokemon and be confident.

Lillie:Thank you.

Suddenly your one leaf pattern egg started to glow as they blinded the light so they cover their eyes.The light died down to reveal another rowlet.

Mallow:It's a rowlet.So cute but I wonder why its not on the original size?

She said as you both notice the size of rowlet.

You:It's fine by me.

Mallow was about to say until they heared Ash groaned.You three look at him as Rotomdex tried to calm him down.

RotomDex:Ash is not that bad.

Mallow,Lillie,Lana,and you who is holding a baby rowlet who cooed at the soft touch you held.

You:you know Ash,you're not going to straight answer if you keep groaning.

Lillie:Y/N what do you mean?

She ask confused as you look at her and sigh as you started to explain.

You:He's been stumped by the question Hala ask us the other day.I already know the answer but never tell it to Ash.

Ash:Y/N WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ALREADY!

Ash yelled as you shrug.

You:Don't know,you need to learn to figure it out yourself than asking me what to answer.

Kiawe:Then do you mind.If you already know the answer then you should help with it.

You then whined at what Kiawe said and said.

You:But Kiawe.Ash always ask me whenever we were on journeys.He's always been clueless.

Ash has then pink tint on his cheeks and said shut up to you.

Mallow:Can you tell us what happened?I mean the one you said stumped by Hala's question.

You nod as you started to explain.

You:You see theres a group of rattata and raticate that've been cause a number of problems all around town.

You said serious on your voice as Sophocles reminds him at the same problem.

Sophocles:I know about that!My neighbors have a food pantry that was attacked.So I took my refrigirator-

Before he can tell more about his own story,Lana quickly covers his mouth and said.

Lana:Sophocles,Y/N is telling us what happened.

Then she uncovers Sophocles' mouth and he apologize as you continue.

You:It's fine.Anyways back to the story.Kahuna Hala asked us what we would do to deal them.Ash proposed battling them but he challenge us to find a solution without requiring battling.

Kiawe:So that's what he said.

He said as he thinks to find the answer.

You:Maybe someone needs a pokemon that can chase or maybe scare them away?

You ask at the last part.

Lillie:Maybe if we knew more about Rattata and raticate,that information might give us a clue.

She suggest as Rotom floats infront of her.

Rotom:That's my cue.

Then a photo of Alolan Rattata and Raticate appeared.Ash then spring and grabs Rotom.

Ash:That's what Rattata and Raticate look like here?They look different from what I have seen.

He said as Rotom started to explain.

Rotom:Rattata and its evolve form of Raticate,the mouse pokemon.A dark and normal type.When they band together,they steal foods from homes.Long ago they came here to the alolan islands aboard cargo ships and eventually grew into the pokemon we see today.The numbers of Rattata and Raticate grew so large that Yungoose and Gumshoos were brought in to chase them off.

Then Ash realize.

Ash:Wait Y/N you said a pokemon needs to scare or chase them away,right?

You:Yeah.Pokemon can do that for reasons.

You said nodding as the others realize also.

All except Y/N:THAT'S IT!!

To be continue.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys this is now edited.Sorry for updating late.Anyways thank you for those who read cause we reach 300+ reads (334 is the actual number those who read)and thank you @Flamingofan7639 for voting some chapters in this book.Anyways bye