Chapter 34

My head was throbbing as my eyes fluttered open, the weight of the headache forcing my eyes shut again. My face scrunched into a ball as I tried to stop the piercing ringing that was present in my ears, the volume so loud that it was most likely the cause of the headache.

My eyes carefully opened, shutting a few times more as they adjusted to the natural light. Everything looked funny, my eyes not being able to work out the features of anything in the room. Eventually, I realised that my head was pressed to the floor, the cool wood sticking to the left side of my face.

I attempted to adjust my body into an upright position, but my muscles felt so incredibly heavy that it took a lot longer and used a lot more effort than I had initially anticipated, meaning I fell back to the floor almost immediately. I groaned inwardly, the desperation to get up overtaking my lack of energy, meaning I was back in an upright position within a few minutes.

I trained my eyes in an attempt to try and focus on the objects in the room, most of them a blurry mess as they all merged into one. Where am I? I could barely focus on the wall in front of me, but it appeared as though I was in some sort of bedroom? There was a bed directly to the side of me that I had now placed my hands on to steady myself standing up.

I desperately fought for my memories to come back, to figure out how I had gotten here and where I was. Maybe I was just dreaming again? No, that's a silly idea. I only ever dream of the past, I never invent new places. What had I been doing last?

It was my birthday. Right? I had a birthday party and I wasn't enjoying myself and Georgia made me blow the candles out on the cake and then I found where Jamie was being held... I found where Jamie was being held! I have to find Carter, I have to go and tell Carter!

But, that doesn't make sense.

I was going to find Carter, wasn't I? Wasn't that what I had been doing last? Yes! I had been! Georgia told me that he was upstairs and so I went to find him...

Oh my God.

Ryan got me. Ryan was there. Ryan was in my house. Ryan...

I have to get out of here. I ran towards the door that I suddenly noticed, putting all of my force against the door handle as I desperately tried to break it. I pounded against the door, willing for anybody to hear me from wherever I currently was.

"Help!" I screamed at the door, my own words echoing back at me.

This was pointless. If Ryan had taken me, then we would definitely not be in the vicinity that any living creature would be able to hear me. He would make sure that he had me all to himself, just like he had always dreamed of. I slumped against the door at the realisation that I was most likely trapped for good.

Trying to distract myself, my eyes wandered around the room and finally were able to focus on all of the objects inside. This was so strange. It was almost identical to my old bedroom from my family home, as part of me is actually questioning whether this is my old house. Surely not... but, is it?

The cool wood flooring paired with white walls made the room feel larger than it was, having as minimal furniture in it as possible to add to the effect. A large double bed was a must and one I had been desperate for as soon as Ryan started staying over, a single bed was just not cutting it when you had a boyfriend. Then there was the mirror in the corner.

I had the mirror as a gift for christmas one year, having it leaning against one of the white walls as it was too heavy to hang. The mirror was enormous, almost the full width of the bed that was opposite it. I couldn't see myself from where I was standing, so I carefully tiptoed over to it to look at my reflection.