Chapter 4

The next few days were surprisingly better than I had hoped, with the girls sticking by my side everyday as if we had been friends for ages. I sat with them most days at lunch, but continued to meet them slightly later than the bell so it appeared as if I had eaten without them. I just couldn't stomach eating consistent meals at the minute. I ate every now and again, but not in bulk and definitely not in front of other people.

I had agreed to meet Georgia and Millie after school on the Friday at a local café that was apparently the best place in town. It was positioned on the seafront, not too far from my own house surprisingly. The cafe had an all white exterior, with large glass windows ensuring that it was as light as it could be inside. It was beautiful, I don't know how I'd never noticed it before. Mum would love it.

Nobody had known that I visited here as a child in the summer, I don't think it would do any good to anybody knowing. It would just lead to more questions about my life, questions which I definitely didn't want. So for now, I had simply moved here over summer with my family as we were looking for a fresh start. Nobody knew I was living alone, yet.

I entered the cafe where a little bell chimed on my entry. As it was so close to my house, I had gone home first to drop off all my books and freshen up before making the short trip over here. The tables were all unique, looking as if they had all been brought on separate occasions. I assume that it was a self owned café, it was simply adorable.

"Amelia, over here!" Millie shouted from the back corner, a table that had a perfect view of the ocean from the window. "We ordered you a chocolate milkshake, I figured you can never go wrong with chocolate."

"Chocolate is my favourite," I announced, smiling and taking a seat at the table with them. "This café is so cute, I can't believe I haven't noticed it before."

"I suppose you haven't been here that long really, this town has so many adorable little nooks that you have yet to discover - you'll love it," Oh, trust me Georgia, I know. "We can do a tour with you! Little by little we will take you to all our favourite spots!"

"That sounds like the perfect pla-"

"Millsy, Millsy, Millsy..." His voice irritated me so much as he spoke, I didn't even need to turn around to know who it was.

"I'll just be a second," I whispered to Georgia and Millie, as I stood up off of my chair and dragged him around the corner. "You need to stop calling me Millsy, you know I hate that name."

"I was just coming over to see how you and your little friends were getting on, you can't hate me for that! Joe told me I have to look out for you! " Liam laughed, putting his arms up as he surrendered.

"Yes well look out for me from a distance, I don't want you cramping my style over here. Besides, I'm just Amelia to them. With them, I can be anybody - with you still hanging around - you know about my past. I want to keep it in the past - understand?" I glared at him, feeling Georgia and Millie's eyes burning a hole into my back.

"Yes, sir!" Liam saluted me, before starting to walk off. "My lips are sealed."

I wandered back over to our table, rolling my eyes as he turned back around and imitated zipping his own lips shut. He was so similar to Joe, it was almost uncanny.

"So, spill. Who's the hottie?" Georgia quizzed, taking a big sip of her milkshake.

"What? Liam? Oh, he's just... nobody." I replied, trying to take the attention off myself. I didn't need questions being thrown at me, the less they knew the better. "Did Matt ever respond to you about your anniversary?" I changed the topic, knowing it was one that Georgia would be wanting to discuss.