11. mortem

may contain (little) triggers. if you're uncomfortable with any subjects, just message me and I'll give you a summary of the chapter. :)

enjoy emotional blaise gif

↣ ↣ ↣

listen to: glitter isn't gold - chase buddy

↣ ↣ ↣

At the very least, Stiles was not pleased with the truth.

In fact, he was enraged.

It was kind of cute when his eyes bulged as he glared at me and clenched his hands together. "What?" he snapped. "Why would the Darach want to kill you?"

A laugh bubbled out of my mouth. "He probably hates the fact that I'm still alive." I shifted in the bus seat and turned toward Stiles and Lydia. "You see, after England, he thought I was dead. Now I'm in his territory again."

I looked out the window and saw how dark it was outside, not wanting to think about the Darach anymore.

"Coach?" I called, standing up from my seat.

Finstock whipped around and narrowed his eyes at me. "What?"

"Since the meet is postponed...where are we going to stay for the night?"

I should have never asked.

↣ ↣ ↣

I stumbled down the stairs and out of the bus, crashing into Allison and Lydia. My coordination wasn't all that great right now because one, I had just gone through the Burning, and two, apparently mistletoe was infecting my body.

Lydia helped me stand straight and I gave her a silent thank you.

My eyes wandered from the strawberry-blonde to my surroundings. A motel? A fücking motel. You've got to be kidding me.

"Listen up!" Coach boomed, waving his hands around to get his students to hush. "As you all know, the meet has been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of...degenerates like yourselves."

A frown made its way onto my face. I am no degenerate, Coach.

"You'll be pairing up," he continued. "Choose wisely."

I turned to the brunette and redhead standing next to me. "You think he would care if there was a group of three?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You are definitely staying with us, no matter what Coach says," Allison said, bobbing her head up and down.

She started to walk towards the room keys Finstock was holding out but I saw Lydia was stopped in her tracks, staring wide-eyed at the ragged Motel Glen Capri.

"Lydia?" Allison asked, turning around. I was about to ask if she was okay when I felt the familiar agony blossom from the pit of my stomach. Instinctively, I put my hand to my mouth and muffled the hideous scream that made its way from the back of my throat.

Images flashed before my eyes as I endured the pain.

First, I saw a glimpse of a Hunter who placed a gun in his mouth. I tried to close my eyes when he pulled the trigger, but there was no escaping the visions.

Then I saw four teenagers: Scott, Boyd, Isaac, and Ethan. They stood around something, and I strained to see it.

A spiral shaped plant grew from the very soil they stood on, while a small purple flower bloomed from the end of the stem.