07. twinning

listen to: still dre - JJ

↣ ↣ ↣

"School is hell. Why do I even bother to go? I've gone at least thirty times and have graduated at least ten times already. Hello? Allison? Are you even listening to me?"

I put a hand on my hip as the brunette curled the her last strand of hair. How could she even curl her hair with only having so much as five hours of real sleep? "Mhm, go on," she mumbled.

"You aren't even listening to me!" I whined, rolling my eyes. "Boyd and Cora were running around rampant three nights ago and we're still going to school?" I slipped my old t-shirt off and was about to grab a sweatshirt to wear when I felt cold fingers touch my back. At first I was startled, but relaxed when I saw it was only Allison.

"These scars," she murmured.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "Those are where my wings grow from." I slipped on the sweatshirt in my hands and smiled at the brunette's thoughtful expression.

"That's awesome," she finally said.

"You know," I said, watching her wind up her curling iron cord, "that night, you were pretty badass out there. That was a great idea, using the arrows to distract the wolves."

I felt her tense as I brought up that night. "Thanks," she grumbled. "But what I really want to know is why you screamed." She spun on her heel and faced me again.

A smile made its way on my face again. This girl was remarkable.

"I sense danger," I said with a shrug. "One of the many gifts I have."

She raised a brow. "And the other gifts being...?"

"Well, I do have the gift of being very sarcastic," I admitted. "Does that count?"

Allison put a hand to her chin, pretending to think hard about my question. Suddenly she snapped her fingers and said, "I think it counts." She swung her bag around her shoulder and started to walk out of her room. "C'mon, Blaise. We have to get to school."

With a groan, I followed the brunette out the door.

↣ ↣ ↣

Allison split from my side as I walked into the high school. The hallway was mostly empty and I knew it was a sign that I was actually too early to school rather than too late. But this morning, I was too tired and irritated to care.

Suddenly, I had two bodies walking beside both sides of me. I didn't even bother to look at who they were.

"You two absolutely wreak of werewolf," I snapped. "Don't any of you know how to shower?"

The twin on my left snickered. "Well, she's an irritable one, isn't she?" he mused. I clenched my fists and tried to suppress my anger.

"Look here, girly," the other one said. At the tone of his voice I stopped in the middle of the hall and stared at them. The one talking was the one Lydia wanted to hook up with, and I'm pretty sure that had already happened. "Look," he started again. "My brother saw you looking at me weird the other day in the library. I wanted to kindly tell you that I am not interested."

I couldn't help but burst out in laughter. Both twins furrowed their eyebrows, confused at my reaction.

Once I controlled my laughter, I asked, "What are your names?" My voice had turned from the one I used around students to the one that had 714 years of experience behind it. I knew the tone shook the Alphas to the core.

"I'm Aiden," one said, and pointing to his twin, "And this is Ethan."

I cocked my head to the side, studying the wolves in front of me. Such boring names.