04. dandelion

listen to: take it back - norah jones (david andrews remix)

↣ ↣ ↣

After Econ I made my way through the halls to the library, needing a quiet place to think during my free period. Scott was too busy to notice that I had slipped away by myself, but he didn't seem to care. Maybe he finally saw that I wasn't going to hurt his friends, so he didn't need to keep me around 24/7.

As I walked through the halls of Beacon Hills High School, I played my usual game; winking at freshmen boys and making them drool over me. I wondered when I would get tired of seeing how easily my aura could attract anyone.

I suppose I would never get tired of playing my silly little games with humans. They were too much fun.

My heels clicked against the floor as I made my way into the library, but the sweet sound my shoes made wasn't the only thing I heard.

"I want one."

"Which one?"

"The straight one, of course."

I knew it was Lydia and Allison. There goes actually trying to study in peace.

In front of me was Danny, who I recognized from my Econ class. He accidentally bumped into someone in front of him, and I avoided the collision, making my way towards the redhead and brunette.

"Blaise!" Lydia exclaimed. "Are you free this period?"

I nodded but she was already out of her chair and moving towards the boys she wanted. I sat down next to Allison, who was looking up symbols on her computer. "Who is she talking about?" The brunette pointed me in the direction where Lydia was headed.

Turning around in my seat I laughed to myself, seeing it was the twins we saw yesterday that Lydia was after. Yet again, as I looked at them, I got the strange feeling that I had met them before. One caught my eye and looked at me funny, but I just smiled at him, confusing him even more.

"What if it's not a symbol," Allison muttered to herself, picking up Lydia's coffee cup, "what if it's actually a logo?" She looked up to see that the strawberry-blonde was still gone from her seat.

"A logo," I repeated. "Allison, I think you're right."

She searched on her computer. "Do you know what logo it could be?"

I shook my head sadly, and she continued to type into the search engine. "Can I borrow your phone? Maybe I can search too."

"Good idea," the brunette said, and handed me her cell. I held it awkwardly in my hands, not really knowing the proper way to type on the touchscreen. I heard Allison laugh softly, and she placed the phone so both of my thumbs could reach the keyboard at the same time. "Have you never seen a Samsung before?"

"A what?" I asked. "I've seen smartphones before, I just never have had a use for them."

"You're like a grandma, Blaise," Allison sighed, laughing to herself. I smiled along with her as I tried to type in the search bar for logos in Beacon Hills.

Soon, Lydia sat down across from us again, smiling with pure joy. "Did you get what you wanted?" I asked, giving her a small smirk. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Of course. I always get what I want," she said, smearing some new lip gloss on. My smiled never faded. I was beginning to really like the strawberry-blonde.

↣ ↣ ↣

Allison gave us a ride back to her place so we could study for Chemistry after school. I wasn't going to study, of course, because I had already gotten a Master's Degree in the class. It was 1962, if I remember right, when I had graduated from an elite college in France.